Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Scarab Colors

Scarab85

Question

Just wondering if anyone knows what all the production colors were for the Scarab? The ones I'm aware of or have seen are: Candy Red, Red/Black Zulu, Blue/Black Zulu, Day-Glo Zulu, White, and Black.

Any ones I've missed? 

9 answers to this question

They were available in any of the standard finish options offered during those years, so there were a lot of choices, including several graphics.

Wow, thanks guys. Forgot about that purple one that sold a little while ago. Pink is kinda cool actually. Saw a picture of a yellow custom ordered one on Google. Looks like collecting all of the colors would be a challenge 😁

Any thoughts on what the top end would be in terms of how much to pay for say a zulu painted Scarab II or mostly original one? Don't think those are very well loved on the forum. Haven't seen too high of prices I think.

16 hours ago, cmatthes said:

They were available in any of the standard finish options offered during those years, so there were a lot of choices, including several graphics.

I guy I used to know had one with a Statue Of Liberty/Fireworks graphic. Haven't seen him in probably 25 years though, no idea what he did with it.

6 hours ago, Stike said:

I guy I used to know had one with a Statue Of Liberty/Fireworks graphic. Haven't seen him in probably 25 years though, no idea what he did with it.

If he was like anybody else who had a cool graphic and then lived through the 1990s, he had the finish sanded off and applied tung oil...

16 hours ago, cmatthes said:

If he was like anybody else who had a cool graphic and then lived through the 1990s, he had the finish sanded off and applied tung oil...

I just remembered the Liberty graphic was on his Barrera, i think his Scarab was red/black tiger. The ol brain ain't what it used to be.

This was the early 90s so the tung oil treatment might not have ever happened.

Archived