Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gary Clark Jr. Sometimes I really like him.

His first live album is my fave. I haven’t heard the Sunnyland Slim album though, and heard it is really good.

6 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Ting, go light one up and listen to Blak N Blu. What a great album, I hope Gary keeps evolving and resists the chains of the Blues Purist. That last video was killer, thanks for posting. 

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-998-gary-clark-jr

The dude is definitely mellow. That was good. Thanks.

I can't manage to get on the Gary Clark Jr fan bus. He is definitely a talented artist and I am happy for his success but he just doesn't do it for me. 

1 hour ago, shankyboy said:

I can't manage to get on the Gary Clark Jr fan bus. He is definitely a talented artist and I am happy for his success but he just doesn't do it for me. 

Me, too. Tried several times, but nothing. Nice to see him doing well.

I've seen him three times live - he's REALLY a great performer. That being said, I've only purchased one of his CDs (yeah, I'm old and still buy CDs).  Definitely somebody I'd go to see again  anytime he's playing nearby me, but not really what I listen to regularly.

He's insanely talented though.

I think both his latest albums, Story of Sonny Boy Slim and This Land are absolutely great. They are recorded, produced, mixed and mastered just perfect. For a phonofile like me these two albums are a feast to the ears - they sound most excellent. I love the modern production mixed with the traditional in his performance and songwriting. The songs and arrangements are great. He is a cool guitar player and he is a pretty good singer. What's not to like?

Archived