Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina, I believe!

28 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Korina, I believe!

Nah, spruce. Korina would probably have tortoiseshell binding and more irregular grain.

• Like 2

It is a Newport Pro as it does not have a Bigsby, but it also has Phat Cat pickups (while a regular Newport Pro has Seth Lover humbuckers).

Gabe 😀

• Like 1

I don't think all standards had Bigsbys; I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

In case anyone is confused about the GC used vs vintage return policy like I was recently (even after reading their fine print), a guitar is considered vintage after 25 years and is subject to a 3 day return policy. Used guitars (less than 25 years old) get the 45 day return policy. I recently bought one from them and that was out of the manager's mouth.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FGJ said:

I don't think all standards had Bigsbys; I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Never have I seen a USA Hamer Standard with a Bigsby.

(but probably there will be one or even some around).

But as far as I know all USA HAmer Newport guitars had one and all USA Hamer Newport Pro's did not have one.

(but probably some have been modified).

Gabe 😋😎

• Like 1

Does anyone know what causes GC to offer to ship some guitars inernationally but not others, if there's any consistent pattern? 

58 minutes ago, Kalessin said:

Does anyone know what causes GC to offer to ship some guitars inernationally but not others, if there's any consistent pattern? 

Age of the instrument and the materials used. CITES now complicates the international sale of guitars with rosewood fingerboards, even if they aren't the fabled dalbergia nigra (Brazilian Rosewood). I'd imagine that legality and ridiculously high customs and other fees are the reason why.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:55 PM, Gabe said:

It is a Newport Pro as it does not have a Bigsby, but it also has Phat Cat pickups (while a regular Newport Pro has Seth Lover humbuckers).

Gabe 😀

Seen many Newport Pro's with Phat Cat pickups. 

If this one was orange Sparkle I would have already snatched it up & put a set of TV Jones pickup in it.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, Hfan said:

In case anyone is confused about the GC used vs vintage return policy like I was recently (even after reading their fine print), a guitar is considered vintage after 25 years and is subject to a 3 day return policy. Used guitars (less than 25 years old) get the 45 day return policy. I recently bought one from them and that was out of the manager's mouth.

Yes that is correct however gc codes them with a “vintage” code in the description.    I recently purchased a 93 p-90 special.   It arrived with a poorly installed nut (big chip on side,  Done by a hack).  and was not coded vintage.    Returned after 3 days with no problem.    But yes if you do buy something coded vintage you have to look it over immediately.     I’m sure they don’t want to give people time to swap out parts.  Although seems like 3 days would be enough if you’re into that kind of thing.   

• Like 1

On May 9, 2019 at 1:31 PM, Gabe said:

Never have I seen a USA Hamer Standard with a Bigsby.

(but probably there will be one or even some around).

But as far as I know all USA HAmer Newport guitars had one and all USA Hamer Newport Pro's did not have one.

(but probably some have been modified).

Gabe 😋😎

I'm speaking in the context of the topic, i.e., I was referring to the standard Newport as opposed to the Pro. I'm almost certain I've seen a "standard" Newport without a Bigsby. After all, Hamer is a custom shop company, and it's almost a certainty that someone wanted a Newport without a vibrato, so it's likely they built a Newport sans the Bigsby before they introduced the pro.

14 hours ago, bruce919 said:

If this one was orange Sparkle I would have already snatched it up & put a set of TV Jones pickup in it.

Yeah, I know some don't care for the orange sparkle, but I held out on getting a Newport until I could track a good one down in just that finish. I dig all the other finishes, too, but it's as if the Newport was made for that orange sparkle. 

• Like 4

On 5/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, bruce919 said:

14 hours ago, FGJ said:

Yeah, I know some don't care for the orange sparkle, but I held out on getting a Newport until I could track a good one down in just that finish. I dig all the other finishes, too, but it's as if the Newport was made for that orange sparkle. 

Like this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Newport-Guitar-USA-/133033483453?nav=SEARCH

I’ve bought several guitars from GC. The issue I’ve found is the sale persons description and the accuracy of their description of the guitar. 2 weeks ago I bought a T Anderson Classic S from the GC in Vegas. The pictures looked good and everything looked ok. Till I received the guitar. It was rated as excellent from the sales staff but should have been “good condition” they took pictures around the bad spots avoiding them. So I took it to the closest GC and had my money back in 2 day’s minus $22.00 for shipping. So talk alot and get alot of pictures!!  Then negotiate!! They pay 1/2 of the lowest price for the same item listed on Reverb when they buy... if not less. So they have room to negotiate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joshoowah said:

Yup. I'm amazed they still go for so little money. People are paying way more for imports and have no clue they can get a killer custom-shop quality guitar for such a steal. They remain the best bargains out there.

• Like 2