Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My new Hamer inspired guitar...

Nice looking Hamer copy. Is it an import?

7 hours ago, gorch said:

Nice looking Hamer copy. Is it an import?

If you consider Tennessee a "foreign country"!  My first wife was from Franklin.  I guess I shouldn't judge an entire state by that experience. 

It's a Custom Shop model.  This one came from Chicago Music Exchange.  I liked the pickup configuration and the Grovers.  The guy says it rings.  Neck is too big for his hands.  We play "What If I'd Been the One" and "Hold on Loosely" by .38 Special.  I'll have my Don Barnes on.

10 minutes ago, The Shark said:

It's a Custom Shop model.  This one came from Chicago Music Exchange.  I liked the pickup configuration and the Grovers.  The guy says it rings.  Neck is too big for his hands.  We play "What If I'd Been the One" and "Hold on Loosely" by .38 Special.  I'll have my Don Barnes on.

Cool guitar with a chunky neck.  Killer tunes.  What more could you want?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, Steve Haynie said:

If you are doing Don Barnes you need an Ibanez Artist solid body for a couple of songs in addition to what you got.  You really have to have another guitar.  There is no way around it.

I usually take three to a gig, but sometimes play just one all night. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

@gorch is in Germany, so I suppose for him Tennessee pretty much is foreign, which would make it an import for him :)

Oh yes, all Hamers are imports to me. B)

Those look awesome.   Like the idea of just making one with a humbucker and Grover’s.    Call me crazy but I think a nice hefty set of real Grover’s can help tone.    St least in the case of my 335 it did. 

On 5/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, The Shark said:

Being a CS, that would explain the repro '50's Gibson hang tags.  I was hoping that it was a 'regular' model Junior (and thus affordable to me), but I guess not.  Dangit!  :(

On 5/23/2019 at 5:09 AM, The Shark said:

As long as you can get 'em, brother.

All fine man. B)

Archived