Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gravelin Pickups - Shop Specials and other delights.

2 Charlotte sets, an Ult/Shlabotnik set, and a couple of experiments here. Occasionally I'll get started winding stuff and then realize that "oh- they wanted this color instead" or the customer didn't specify the desired string spacing until, or ..these things happen. My mistake is your good deal! Sorry for the odd white/color balance in the photos - not sure why. My camera is 11 years old.

Set One: Charlotte neck and bridge, 49.2mm and 50mm respectively, Black. Unoriented Alnico 5 bridge 10.8k, Alnico 2 neck 7.7k, vintage style push-back lead wires, all the right steels, hand-wound and assembled - a tried and true pickup set that covers so much musical ground. Very light and difficult to photograph surface scuffing on these. SOLD!!

Set Two: Another Charlotte set, same specs as above, the classic bobbin color combinations (Zebra neck, Ivory bridge) that are sure to make any Hamer enthusiast very, very happy and will pretty much rock/jazz/blues your face off. Very light and difficult to photograph surface scuffing on these. SOLD!!

Set Three: Ult/Shlabotnik set, Zebra, Alnico 2 in both positions: 53mm 8.9k bridge and 50mm 7.6k neck, 4-conductor output lead wire for maximum switching and coil split options. If you've got an old Hamer equipped with a Sustain Block bridge, this set will give you ideal string/pole piece alignment and delicious ballsy tone. Or, perhaps you've got a guitar with a trem system and want some classic vintage PAF-type sounds? Yes, indeed. Perfect and new. $220.00, shipping included in the USA.

And then ..

2 very special bridge pickups. The front coil is Charlotte, the rear coil is Shlabotnik. Alnico 2, 50mm spacing, vintage push-back braided output lead wire. This was an experiment borne from an accident and I was so surprised by it that I kept the original one for myself and made a couple more just for kicks!! It's a mean machine, stadium rock power chords, aggressive attitude, solid single notes up and down the fingerboard, cleans up so nice and for Shishkov Ultimate owners, if you want bigger/better/more from the bridge position THIS IS IT. Charblotnik? Shlarbotte? Ultoblotnikashar? I dunno what to call it but it rips. I have a feeling these 2 will go fast. I would be very pleased to make more. Perfect and new. SOLD!!

Obviously these are all ready to go and I can/will ship immediately upon the payment hitting my PayPal account. You're welcome to send a certified bank check or US Postal Money Order too but I won't send 'em off until the payment clears my bank. Or cash, yeah ..who'd say no to that! Get in touch here to claim your set. HFC!! ♥

Some mighty fine pickups there!!! I just had Josh build me some AlNiCo rough 4’s for my Artist or I’d buy one of the Charlotte sets!! 

Josh has that 'thing' that not every builder has. A feel or 6th sense, an ability to make vague and ridiculous descriptions into scarily dead-on parts. The Shlabotniks are a perfect example, as are my Cowpie Customs. He couldn't have nailed it any better if it were your sister.

If you don't have his pickups in something, you're doing it wrong.

Set #2 (Charlotte Set, Ivory/Zebra) - SOLD!

Rugby: It all depends on what you want to hear from either guitar. Is there a specific deficiency in sound that bothers you or do you just feel like they are lackluster overall and could be better? Send a message and let's continue this discussion - I'm glad to help in any way I can.

Update: Set #1 is now sold.

Shark, the colors are not black at all. I would ask you to envision a perfectly aged Camembert or perhaps that distinctive shade of fossilized woolly mammoth tusk. Some would say that there's a color that the original double whites Gibson used turns to after sitting under a cover for 10 years after it's absorbed cig smoke and had a number of whiskey drinks spilled on it. I'm sending you a message and will share other descriptors momentarily.

Whatever you do, don’t call them the stuff that fills an Oreo...

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Whatever you do, don’t call them the stuff that fills an Oreo...

If I'm reading this right: 12 pounds of pure Oreo filling right here: https://www.foodservicedirect.com/oreo-variegate-oreo-creme-2-pound-6-per-case-1945898.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0cS10uiS4gIV0rbACh1vYQiJEAQYASABEgIF7fD_BwE

9 hours ago, JGravelin said:

The Diabetic’s dream.   

Holy insulin Batman.  

On 5/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, JGravelin said:

2 Charlotte sets, an Ult/Shlabotnik set, and a couple of experiments here. Occasionally I'll get started winding stuff and then realize that "oh- they wanted this color instead" or the customer didn't specify the desired string spacing until, or ..these things happen. My mistake is your good deal! Sorry for the odd white/color balance in the photos - not sure why. My camera is 11 years old.

Set One: Charlotte neck and bridge, 49.2mm and 50mm respectively, Black. Unoriented Alnico 5 bridge 10.8k, Alnico 2 neck 7.7k, vintage style push-back lead wires, all the right steels, hand-wound and assembled - a tried and true pickup set that covers so much musical ground. Very light and difficult to photograph surface scuffing on these. SOLD!!

Set Two: Another Charlotte set, same specs as above, the classic bobbin color combinations (Zebra neck, Ivory bridge) that are sure to make any Hamer enthusiast very, very happy and will pretty much rock/jazz/blues your face off. Very light and difficult to photograph surface scuffing on these. SOLD!!

Set Three: Ult/Shlabotnik set, Zebra, Alnico 2 in both positions: 53mm 8.9k bridge and 50mm 7.6k neck, 4-conductor output lead wire for maximum switching and coil split options. If you've got an old Hamer equipped with a Sustain Block bridge, this set will give you ideal string/pole piece alignment and delicious ballsy tone. Or, perhaps you've got a guitar with a trem system and want some classic vintage PAF-type sounds? Yes, indeed. Perfect and new. $220.00, shipping included in the USA.

And then ..

2 very special bridge pickups. The front coil is Charlotte, the rear coil is Shlabotnik. Alnico 2, 50mm spacing, vintage push-back braided output lead wire. This was an experiment borne from an accident and I was so surprised by it that I kept the original one for myself and made a couple more just for kicks!! It's a mean machine, stadium rock power chords, aggressive attitude, solid single notes up and down the fingerboard, cleans up so nice and for Shishkov Ultimate owners, if you want bigger/better/more from the bridge position THIS IS IT. Charblotnik? Shlarbotte? Ultoblotnikashar? I dunno what to call it but it rips. I have a feeling these 2 will go fast. I would be very pleased to make more. Perfect and new. SOLD!!

Obviously these are all ready to go and I can/will ship immediately upon the payment hitting my PayPal account. You're welcome to send a certified bank check or US Postal Money Order too but I won't send 'em off until the payment clears my bank. Or cash, yeah ..who'd say no to that! Get in touch here to claim your set. HFC!! ♥

Hey, Josh, sent you a related pm... 

Someone on another thread said they were having some issues with messaging. Just wanted to make sure you got it. 

12 hours ago, JGravelin said:

Thank. You. Josh.

There's lunch for next week.

1 hour ago, JGravelin said:

Travis I replied to your message last night, saw that it was sent and everything seemed fine ...but now, somehow my reply disappeared in our message exchange. I wrote and sent again. Here's my email address - feel free to get in touch!

[email protected]

Got your message a little bit ago. Just replied. Everything worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

Archived