Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody using a Keeley Workstation

I want to build a simple board and keep it small. Overdrive, Boost, Tremolo, Delay. So I've seen these Workstations and thought those were really cool pedals. I haven't really seen the Moduation Workstation at a cheep "Jump on me now" price so I figured I would ask and see what you guys think? 

I have not had a chance to mess with one (yet...). I don't have much use for tremelo, though I see it has, "Univibe"/"Rotary" patches, so now I'm interested.

I have used the PinkFloyd-y pedal which has a similar approach, and had some great sounds inside. What I found about the DarkSide pedal is it's easier to pick your basic three sounds, their order placement and go. You can futz with it and change things on the fly, but that's a bit cumbersome, IMO.

I like how the WS is laid out. I think once you decide on what sounds you want, it is a pretty convenient pedal:

EH-Workstation-Instructions-02.jpg

My advice to you, bubs, is to purchase one right away, post a positive review so then I can get one, too.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

My advice to you, bubs, is to purchase one right away, post a positive review so then I can get THAT one FROM YOU IN TWO WEEKS WHEN YOU FIND ANOTHER SHINYNEW PEDAL.

Fixed!

(:D Love ya, Bubs!!)

A completely different direction but take a look at an Eventide H9 if you want something that can do many different things modulation wise. Not cheap but they hold their value so if you buy a used one to try and don't like it you should be able to get back what you put in. It has a very minimal interface but the iPhone/iPad control app is very well done - pretty much the best example of this I have run across since most IOS interfaces seem more like the gimmick of the week. 

Archived