Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
joshoowah

PSA - 2001 Silver Sparkle Artist on Ebay

I’m going to place a bid tomorrow, so hopefully it doesn’t spike too much. Based on the listing I wouldn’t be willing to pay top dollar for this one, but I have been wanting a silver guitar.

Semi-Hallow? Like almost blessed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, killerteddybear said:

Semi-Hallow? Like almost blessed?

Holier than thou!

• Like 1

I've got one of these if someone really wants one without a ding on the back of the neck. 😁

Wasn't the Hamer moniker for this model the 'Vanguard'?  Also, I've heard of 'Angela Instruments', but not 'Angelica Instruments'. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Eli said:

I've got one of these if someone really wants one without a ding on the back of the neck. 😁

@Eli  What would your asking price be?

Edited by PS4 FTW

22 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Wasn't the Hamer moniker for this model the 'Vanguard'?  Also, I've heard of 'Angela Instruments', but not 'Angelica Instruments'. :rolleyes:

They only called it the Vanguard from '99-2000. It was an Artist or Artist Mahogany in 2001.

Screenshot_2019-05-13%20Hamer%20Artist%2

Who posts pictures like this in a sale ad?  What possibly goes through someone's mind that says "Yeah, that'll impress people" and makes them choose to use the bigfoot/ufo quality image?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Moose said:

Who posts pictures like this in a sale ad?  What possibly goes through someone's mind that says "Yeah, that'll impress people" and makes them choose to use the bigfoot/ufo quality image?

They probably set up the auction/posted the photos from a smart phone.  Even if I had a smart phone, I'd probably go cross-eyed from eye strain trying to do that.

3 hours ago, PS4 FTW said:

@Eli  What would your asking price be?

I'm thinking 850 plus shipping (us only), it's got a non original PRS hollowbody case, a few scratches on the case.  I can send pics if you're interested.

1 hour ago, crunchee said:

They probably set up the auction/posted the photos from a smart phone.  Even if I had a smart phone, I'd probably go cross-eyed from eye strain trying to do that.

That explains HOW they did it.

I wonder WHY they did it. This is someone who lacks self awareness, or just straight up doesn't care. You're definitely buying a pig in a poke here, so $500 is a good gamble, but $800? The higher the price gets the more people will drop off the auction thinking "what is he covering up?" or "If he can't take a decent picture, how well is he going to pack it for shipping?"

Maybe I'm just in a grouchy mood.

36 minutes ago, Moose said:

Or maybe you are speaking truth.  I wonder "Why are they doing that?" countless times daily.   I still don't have a good answer.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moose said:

That explains HOW they did it.

I wonder WHY they did it. This is someone who lacks self awareness, or just straight up doesn't care. You're definitely buying a pig in a poke here, so $500 is a good gamble, but $800? The higher the price gets the more people will drop off the auction thinking "what is he covering up?" or "If he can't take a decent picture, how well is he going to pack it for shipping?"

No, your mood is spot on. Anyone this careless about their listing isn't going to give a rat about safely packing that guitar. This isn't the kind of person with which to do business. Buyer beware.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moose said:

It's an action photo! You can feel the excitement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Maybe he robbed a truck and needs to unload them quick.

18 hours ago, cmatthes said:

We had a thread about that one, too!  https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/85682-81-special-bw-graphics/

The Artist is at $600 already. Getting kinda steep when you don't know if it's gonna need a fret job. Plus the case exterior makes me wonder how the whole thing smells.

spacer.png

40min left!  $750 at now!!!!

How many of you here are bidding against each other? 🙃

• Haha 1

...And the winner is........

Anyone here?