Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
gtrdaddy

Brad Paisley, Nuno Bettencourt, Tom Morello & Scott Ian Shred Game of Thrones

Big finale tomorrow night. Who here thinks Tyrion Lannister will kill the Mad Queen?

I'm wondering what was so bad about Season 8 that there's a petition out for it to be redone.  I don't have a subscription to HBO, so I don't have a dog in that fight.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

Big finale tomorrow night. Who here thinks Tyrion Lannister will kill the Mad Queen?

Shhhhhhhhhhh~ you can't mention GOT here as you will be labeled a Dungeons & Dragons nerd... but for what it's worth, I thought that was pretty badass~

And yes, I do think Dany will kill Tyrion Lannister... then Arya Stark will confuse & distract Dany by wearing the face of her recently deceased friend while Sansa stabs her in the back 😆 all while Jon Snow sits in the corner crying in the fetal position 

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, crunchee said:

I'm wondering what was so bad about Season 8 that there's a petition out for it to be redone.  I don't have a subscription to HBO, so I don't have a dog in that fight.

Pfft, fuk'n Millennials man... You just can't satisfy them 😉

Other than the one White Walker War episode "which was shot too dark", I wouldn't change a thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, crunchee said:

@Dave Scepter nailed it. Great season so far. People ALWAYS have to have something to whine about even when there’s nothing to whine about!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes!.. just one more hour until the very last episode of The Greatest Show on TV airs!.. I'm very excited! 😆

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Yes!.. just one more hour until the very last episode of The Greatest Show on TV airs!.. I'm very excited! 😆

I felt the same way when the Sopranos ended 😞

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I felt the same way when the Sopranos ended 😞

Annnnnnd in keeping with tradition... Both GOT and the Sopranos last episodes sucked 😐

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Annnnnnd in keeping with tradition... Both GOT and the Sopranos last episodes sucked 😐

Everyone knows “T” didn’t die in that damned diner with Journey playing on the jukebox. He got croaked choking on a cannoli sunning himself on RT 3 in front of Satriale’s pork store.

• Haha 1

Someone needs to show HBO how to end a frickin season episode properly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Someone needs to show HBO how to end a frickin season episode properly

Just as long as it ended.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Just as long as it ended.

Not so fast Grumpy Cat 🙀... I hear they're already working on a sequel 💰

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Not so fast Grumpy Cat 🙀... I hear they're already working on a sequel 💰

I heard there were three spinoffs in the works.
I hope they all spin themselves into the center of the Earth.

• Haha 3

On 5/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, Dave Scepter said:

Pfft, fuk'n Millennials man... You just can't satisfy them 😉

Other than the one White Walker War episode "which was shot too dark", I wouldn't change a thing

Argh! My son keeps me up-to-date on the idiotic things his "friends" post on FB about GOT. What a bunch of little bitches. 

• Haha 3

Never saw GOT, but I enjoyed that Fender video.  I liked Brad Paisley's solo the most out of that group, but I think the hero of that clip was Ian's rhythm playing.

• Like 3

Back OT, that bunch of players did great. Specially liked Tom Morello’s solo. It was spot on... and odd. Cool stuff! —and no, I don’t watch GOT, so this music is totally new for me.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Jim85IROC said:

I liked Brad Paisley's solo the most out of that group, but I think the hero of that clip was Ian's rhythm playing.

7 hours ago, zorrow said:

Specially liked Tom Morello’s solo. It was spot on... and odd. Cool stuff! —and no, I don’t watch GOT

My favorites here were indeed Brad Paisley and Tom Morello's solos. Morello added some seriously cool spice to the pot and Paisley stirred the shit out of it. Scott Ian's rhythm playing was a great base! 

Damn! I'm hungry.

@zorrow Watch GOT. It started a bit slow for me the first couple of episodes, but got seriously good quickly after that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

My favorites here were indeed Brad Paisley and Tom Morello's solos. Morello added some seriously cool spice to the pot and Paisley stirred the shit out of it. Scott Ian's rhythm playing was a great base! 

Damn! I'm hungry.

@zorrow Watch GOT. It started a bit slow for me the first couple of episodes, but got seriously good quickly after that.

Yeah, Brad Paisley did great too. I was however expecting something more “out of the box” from him. You know, the guy is not only a country guitarist, but also an awesome player. He could’ve done a lot of chicken picking and a bunch of double stops to spice his solo up. Was also surprised by his distorted tone. Was he trying to sound as rock-ish as the others?

As of GOT goes... I do appreciate your suggestion and I’m sure GOT is great, but I barely watch TV. In addition, I don’t think I have the patience to digest eight seasons of power metal. 😏

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zorrow said:

You know, the guy is not only a country guitarist, but also an awesome player.

If you never listened to his album "Play", you need to. He released it a few years back, 16 tracks, all instrumental guitar pieces except five with vocal tracks. Amazing guitar work!

11 minutes ago, zorrow said:

I barely watch TV

My wife used to yell at me about that. I put clothes on nowadays.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

If you never listened to his album "Play", you need to. He released it a few years back, 16 tracks, all instrumental guitar pieces except five with vocal tracks. Amazing guitar work!

Indeed! He has this sweet tone, plus those slide & legato chops, plus this fluid chicken picking, plus those double stops (or dual melodic lines), plus the cool use of the vibrato (is it a Bigsby?), plus that occasional groovy phrasing... he’s a freaking monster! And I didn’t see any of that in his solo here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

It started a bit slow for me the first couple of episodes, but got seriously good quickly after that.

Don't even get me started about the "Red Wedding" episode... Yeesh!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zorrow said:

Indeed! He has this sweet tone, plus those slide & legato chops, plus this fluid chicken picking, plus those double stops (or dual melodic lines), plus the cool use of the vibrato (is it a Bigsby?), plus that occasional groovy phrasing... he’s a freaking monster! And I didn’t see any of that in his solo here. 

Yeah, I got the impression he was sorta convinced to jump in with the group at the last minute. When he is introduced to the guys (he came in later than everyone else) Nuno had to explain to Brad what they were doing. He had no clue. Nuno told him "...What we're doing is so, like, specific to us, it'd be great if somebody did some beautiful, just sprinkle some fairy dust on it." Morello chimes in "There we go, that's what it's been missing." So, in my view, I believe what we saw was Brad jumping into something he never played before, and of course without time to sit down and work some flash out, worked the fretboard impromptu! 

...and even without flash, he smoked it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zorrow said:

—and no, I don’t watch GOT, so this music is totally new for me.

Hey Lonel, this performance has very little to do with GOT other than it's a electrified/shred of the orchestra theme song... it's actually more of an endorsement for the new Fender GOT special limited edition series guitars

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Hey Lonel, this performance has very little to do with GOT other than it's a electrified/shred of the orchestra theme song... it's actually more of an endorsement for the new Fender GOT special limited edition series guitars

What new Fender GOT special limited edition series guitars?

:ph34r: