Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Studio Is Set Up Pt. 2

So, the last few components to my studio /traveling rig arrived recently. The Fractal FC-6 controller, the Mission expression pedal and the Gator rack case are now integrated into the home studio and will travel to the band's rehearsal space. We rehearse in he bassist's basement studio which has the added benefit of having a better automated mixing console w/integrated bus for silent jamming, electronic drum kit and Pro Tools where mine does not.

It wasn't the acquisition that took the most time, it was programming the AFX3 and the pedal to do all the tones and sounds I use in the four songs we have written to date. I foresee many, many more hours tweaking and dialing up improved tones for these songs as well as for new material released by both the band and by myself.

AFX3 Front.jpg

Pedals.jpg

AFX3 Back.jpg

20 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

In the mid-seventies I remember a guitar player announcing from the stage that the safest bet is an amp that has only the controls Volume and Tone...

I'm not sure a "tone" knob is a risk I'm willing to incur.  ;)

On 5/19/2019 at 7:48 PM, killerteddybear said:

In the mid-seventies I remember a guitar player announcing from the stage that the safest bet is an amp that has only the controls Volume and Tone...

If an amp could do all the of the nifty stuff the AFX3 can, using only a volume and tone control, I'd be playing that. ;)

On 5/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, diablo175 said:

If an amp could do all the of the nifty stuff the AFX3 can, using only a volume and tone control, I'd be playing that. ;)

Pfft. 

There's like 100k threads on TGP that prove you only need a tweed champ and a telecaster ...  nay, an esquire...   for all genres of music.  No exceptions.

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.  ;) 

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

Pfft.

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.  ;) 

TGP experts should take a page from my outlook: I don't blame my tools, I blame my appalling lack of talent.

However, I am most tenacious in my pursuit of those fleeting moments of unbridled joy that abusing guitars (and the hearing of those around me) brings. To that end, I will try anything to enhance that experience. ;)

24 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

You didn't go with the FC-12?  

Still awaiting my "turn" for a FC-12. Got on the waiting list kind late, I guess. Was offered a shot a FC-6 in the meantime and decided to take it. Figure I can use the 12 at rehearsals and the 6 at home or vice-versa. Less to haul back and forth.

Just now, diablo175 said:

Still awaiting my "turn" for a FC-12. Got on the waiting list kind late, I guess. Was offered a shot a FC-6 in the meantime and decided to take it. Figure I can use the 12 at rehearsals and the 6 at home or vice-versa. Less to haul back and forth.

it was odd they allowed us to buy two with the waiting list, so I have a spare that will probably never get used like my spare MFC.

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

it was odd they allowed us to buy two with the waiting list, so I have a spare that will probably never get used like my spare MFC.

If you want to unload it, I'll buy it off ya.

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

I'm sure you and a thousand others would.  

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Obviously if I wanted to sell it, I'd throw it on eBay for double what I paid and add $200 for international shipping and it be gone in 5 minutes. 

Obviously.

PaltryMelodicCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

Archived