1 minute ago, 0054 said:

I’ll build you one for $500! ROFLMAO

• Haha 1

It's the case where they only need to sell just one 😆

• Like 1

Did Henry get a consultants gig?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Rodi is right..,total load of BS. 5e3s are not a difficult build. $7500 for a 5e3...That is only special cause of Hollywood Bowl ass-bench construction.

5e3 is such a cool, classic rock and blues circuit. A 5e3 is an instrument unto itself..,it will be played.

Just buy a Lil Dawg and use the remainder to get a couple Shishkovs.

Edited by Jakeboy
  • Like 3

I will never understand the "made for collectors" market.  If the "old ironsides" is priced anything like that, it better be using ACTUAL wood from the USS Constitution, not just wood LIKE the wood the ship was made of.

• Like 1

There is another galling thing. The Sweetwater ad has that it has 6L6 tubes, but then they contradict themselves with 6V6 tubes... They want nearly as much for amp as Dr. Hook was getting per show!! WTF!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The amp is made for rich people in Los Angeles with nostalgia for a local concert venue.  The rest of the world expects something that was made for musicians. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The amp is made for rich people in Los Angeles with nostalgia for a local concert venue.  The rest of the world expects something that was made for cheap/broke hobbyist man-children. 

FIFY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0054 said:

They want nearly as much for amp as Dr. Hook was getting per show!! WTF!!

You Make My Pants Want To Get Up And Dance, but I Got Stoned And I Missed It!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I can't wait for some other amp builder with a sense of humor (read smartass) to offer their limited version from the premium, hand-selected pieces of wood from a local outhouse.   It would be called, "The Shithouse Blues".   

The ads could have it paired up with a vintage "Scharter" leaning against it.  :)

I might be able to afford that version and it would be more my style.

If there are any takers, I might actually help finance this one.

Edited by Boomerang~Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

It has to be an outhouse used by Muddy Waters as a child in Mississippi to get big bucks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For $7500 I was hoping it would be uglier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

premium, hand-selected pieces of wood from a local outhouse.   It would be called, "The Shithouse Blues".   

Stains and texture will make or break its success.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

OK - I might really want to build one of these under the "Outhouse Amplifiers" brand name - "Home of the REAL Brown Sound"!

The logo and rear sound hole shape could be the half-moon.

Possible amplifier model names (Add yours if your ideas if you'd like):

The High-wood (certainly preferred).

The Low-wood (more odoriferous).

The Bench (Well worn - but get your shots before using).

The Brown Tone.

Poseidon's Kiss (look it up) - Modeling Amp .

The Dry Dock - 100w 2x12 Combo.

Two Matches - 50w 2x12 Combo .

The Evacuation (Full Stack).

Mr. Hankey (100watt head).

The Rope (15 Watt head).

Edited by Boomerang~Junkie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The amp's only half of a 'Hollywood Bowl Bench' set, if you include Fender's 'Front Row Legend Esquire', which was Masterbuilt by Yuriy Shishkov (Mike's brother).  List price for the guitar was $12,000:

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/series/builder-select/front-row-legend-esquire-mbys/

https://reverb.com/news/fender-builds-telecasters-with-original-bench-boards-from-the-hollywood-bowl

Edited by crunchee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

OK - I might really want to build one of these under "Outhouse Amplifiers" brand name - "Home of the REAL Brown Sound"!

The logo and rear sound hole shape could be the half-moon.

Possible amplifier model names (Add yours if your ideas if you'd like):

The High-wood (certainly preferred).

The Low-wood (more odoriferous).

The Bench (Well worn - but get your shots before using).

The Brown Tone.

Poseidon's Kiss (look it up) - Modeling Amp .

The Dry Dock - 100w 2x12 Combo.

Two Matches - 50w 2x12 Combo .

The Evacuation (Full Stack).

Mr. Hankey (100watt head).

The Rope (15 Watt head).

Here's a few:

NUMBER 2 SERIES, our two channel line that brings bottom-end like no one else:

The Swirl and a Half - Our two channel amplifier with a built in Leslie effect to fill a venue with that old, but familiar vibe.

Available in a head or combo (6", 10" & 12").

The Pinch - Will get you going quickly with our two channel vintage voicing, with such rich harmonics, you'll think you pinched them yourself. 

Available in head or big bottom combo.

The Beard-Splitter A no-nonsense two channel unit  that will cut through with ease and get you where you want, regardless of the highway you choose.

NUMBER 1 SERIES, With these Number 1 single channels, you will get the best tubes have to offer:

The Head - Our LEADING single channel amplifier head with a very forward, in your face all-tube feel, that really knows how to deliver the juice. 

The Six - Probable the most common tool used, although not often bragged about, our glistening 6" combo has plenty to give, in a moderate, but effective package. The Six is the perfect grab and go! Guaranteed to please. Don't let the size fool you.

The Shaft - Our most desirable single channel combo, features a 12" driver that will destroy every other amp out there with its pulsating swagger and goodness. This isn't for one with a soft touch, this is for those who want rock, hard, and satisfying. 

Mr. Johnson - Yes, say no more. While he wasn't actually with us during R & D, he did call us to tell us what he thought needed to be changed along the way. 

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Hmm . . . . I like where you are going with this . . . 

Note to self:  Gtrdaddy for head of marketing and product lines at Outhouse Amplifiers.      :lol:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 10:23 AM, Steve Haynie said:

It has to be an outhouse used by Muddy Waters as a child in Mississippi to get big bucks.

They honestly have that in Clarksdale, Mississippi.. 

Edited by Jakeboy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Would that be Muddy’s mud in Muddy’s Water?

On 5/25/2019 at 5:07 AM, Steve Haynie said:

The amp is made for rich people in Los Angeles with nostalgia for a local concert venue.  The rest of the world expects something that was made for musicians. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:14 AM, MCChris said:
On 5/25/2019 at 5:07 AM, Steve Haynie said:

The amp is made for rich people in Los Angeles with nostalgia for a local concert venue.  The rest of the world expects something that was made for cheap/broke hobbyist man-children. 

FIFY

I don't see what you fixed... those are synonyms!

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, jaded_musician said:

For $7500 I was hoping it would be uglier.

It's actually art to let dump wood shine like boutique. B)

Actually how much prison would it earn in the US for customer fraud in terms of selling overpriced dross?

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 10:02 PM, gtrdaddy said:

Here's a few:

NUMBER 2 SERIES, our two channel line that brings bottom-end like no one else:

The Swirl and a Half - Our two channel amplifier with a built in Leslie effect to fill a venue with that old, but familiar vibe.

Available in a head or combo (6", 10" & 12").

The Pinch - Will get you going quickly with our two channel vintage voicing, with such rich harmonics, you'll think you pinched them yourself. 

Available in head or big bottom combo.

The Beard-Splitter A no-nonsense two channel unit  that will cut through with ease and get you where you want, regardless of the highway you choose.

NUMBER 1 SERIES, With these Number 1 single channels, you will get the best tubes have to offer:

The Head - Our LEADING single channel amplifier head with a very forward, in your face all-tube feel, that really knows how to deliver the juice. 

The Six - Probable the most common tool used, although not often bragged about, our glistening 6" combo has plenty to give, in a moderate, but effective package. The Six is the perfect grab and go! Guaranteed to please. Don't let the size fool you.

The Shaft - Our most desirable single channel combo, features a 12" driver that will destroy every other amp out there with its pulsating swagger and goodness. This isn't for one with a soft touch, this is for those who want rock, hard, and satisfying. 

Mr. Johnson - Yes, say no more. While he wasn't actually with us during R & D, he did call us to tell us what he thought needed to be changed along the way. 

Where can I order? 😍

• Haha 2