Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD - Stike's magic on an old Blitz

FINALLY got this built-out with custom pups, an original Sustainblock, and Wiggins knobs.  Long-gone is the Kahler top-mount, the EMGs, and the hazy candy-apple finish from the 1980s.  Really, REALLY happy with it.

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

IMG_20180802_124635 (4).jpg

Great idea! Love the blue pickup too.

Very cool!  When you say it had a 'hazy candy-apple finish from the 1980's' before, it sounds to me like the old Hamer Ferrari Red finish, which tended to age to a dull hazy finish.  I had a '80's Hamer in Ferrari Red once, it was not my favorite Hamer color either.

For some reason, that new color scheme reminds me of a song...

Piet Mondrian, paging Mr. Piet Mondrian to the white courtesy canvas. ;)

Well done, sir! Stellar work from Stike per usual!

Glad to see that one completed!  I saw it in early phases, and it looked incredibly cool then...this is just off the charts.

8 hours ago, gorch said:

Great idea! Love the blue pickup too.

Custom Lace Alumitone Deathbucker in anodized blue.....

Neck pickup is a custom Duncan Sentient humbucker with a Jason Becker two-tone spool. 

LOTs-a-Gain on tap.

4 hours ago, a.bandini said:

Cool.  Any way you can show a better picture of the knobs, and tell the story behind them?  

They're hand-blown glass knobs by Wiggins.  I called them and made a color request, and they took it from there....

I JUST checked their website, and my custom knobs are posted in their gallery:

www.wigginsbrand.com/glassknobgallery.html

www.wigginsbrand.com/glassknobgallery.html

Thanks!  They look great.  I'd never seen their website before, and was intrigued by another guitar with similar glass knobs recently.   It's a great idea, and yours look fantastic.  

17 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

ADA5795E-2A33-4E5C-BA03-D2A45E196129.jpeg

Quite a bit off topic but I'd have gladly shagged Shirley Jones and Susan Dey together, back in the day. Actually, I was likely a bit too young to be doing that back in the early 70's....

10 hours ago, Never2Late said:

Custom Lace Alumitone Deathbucker in anodized blue.....

Love the Lace pickups. I have a set of alumitones in one guitar. The concept works really great. 

9 hours ago, LefThanDed said:

Excellent work!

Reminds me of the 1980's Mondrian-influenced La Vie Claire/Look cycling team. 

20190526_233454.png

Didn't Greg LeMond ride for them in '85?

57 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

How does Stike do that?  I’d love to hear how he sprayed that. Wild guitar!

Would you believe it took two years and (I can imagine) a ball of Painter's Tape the size of Mt. Rushmore?

The metalflake is actually a colorless (silver) basecoat.  Each color, whitespace panel, and gridlines were applied in layers atop the metalflake - I let Stike lay it out, as there were a variety of geometric issues with the edges-sides-neck he had to figure out to keep the pattern coherent.  My photos don't do the detail of the neck and sides justice.

Archived