Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Duotone input jack replacement

ksmjc1969

Question

Hello guys I’m having troubles with the acoustic side input jack on my duotone ultimate . I’ve checked all solder joints and no problems there it’s very much looking like the jack itself is lose inside . I’m not sure on the make EMG ? I do see a EMG on the adjustment circuit board .  Anyone know where to get a replacement part ? It’s driving me crazy to keep cutting out .

thank you in advance 

B67590C3-D7F7-4AD1-B96C-73F9E9C64794.jpeg

3798AC46-9888-4256-A62F-B75C171F10C0.jpeg

8 answers to this question

This is the sore spot on a Duotone Custom/Ultimate.  You might contact Greg at BCR Music as he has dealt with this problem more than anyone, probably.  When I had the problem it turned out that something (jack housing?  solder joint?  mojo filter?  I dunno) was grounding out against the shielding paint in the control cavity.  The solution was to unscrew one end of the jack plate a turn or two.  Bang, it started working again and I never touched it after that.

By the way, EMG only made that tone control circuit board, nothing else in there.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, Studio Custom said:

I always jsut remove them both and put in normal jacks, one for magnetics, the other for piezo. 

Hey sorry I didn’t see your reply ! I’m not on here allot , any chance you have  a schematic on hand ? Thanks so much in advance! Much appreciated !! 

Archived