Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody here have my old mahogany standard?

Out of curiosity, does anyone on here have my old ‘97 mahogany standard?

was thinking about that guitar and it was just a beast.  I know it made it around the forum a little bit. Pretty sure @santellavision had it at one time.

anyone?  Bueller...?

748F3861-CF43-42D2-A0D7-32E31F6C2984.jpeg

AD34AFBE-C1AD-4E2C-8313-B3A4E6C1814E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BTMN said:

Is that 748194?

I believe that's 748164, in which case it was here for a while.....

DSCN3743.JPG

I got it from Shawn, sold it to another awesome HFCer.

Yep, and I got it from Ernie, so that is the one. I hear it burned up in a house fire and is gone forever. 

For me the neck pickup was an Ultimate when I got it, and it was the best neck pickup i've ever played. LOVE that pup and the Custom 5 that I installed match really well with it. 

I had the privilege of keeping 748161 under the bed for a while. T'was all black, so perhaps not as pretty as those. But what a frikkin rocker!

47 minutes ago, BTMN said:

Is that 748194? If so I have 748295. :)

Mine is 748292.   Three numbers away.  It looks a lot like yours, Gene.  IIRC, Bruce919 had 748291 through 748294, except for mine.  We got all 4 together at a Midwest Jam one year. 

Be patient and keep looking, Travis.  I sold mine and got it back a few years later out of blind luck and the goodness of the seller's heart.

43 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Yep, and I got it from Ernie, so that is the one. I hear it burned up in a house fire and is gone forever. 

For me the neck pickup was an Ultimate when I got it, and it was the best neck pickup i've ever played. LOVE that pup and the Custom 5 that I installed match really well with it. 

NOOOO!!!!  That sucks...

i had several different pickups in that guitar. The SLU’s (slightly less ultimate - ultimates that were not serial number matched for the artist ultimates) were in it when I sold it. Killer PAF pickups. I think I had a custom 5 in it at one time, too. It sounded awesome with every pickup I tried in it. 

97ham1.jpg

Mine came from Bruce919. It was one of the three. As a matter of fact the case came with a label that said MahStand3 and I figured that was a great name. Say it with an Arhnold accent and it is great fun. :)

1 hour ago, Travis said:

NOOOO!!!!  That sucks...

i had several different pickups in that guitar. The SLU’s (slightly less ultimate - ultimates that were not serial number matched for the artist ultimates) were in it when I sold it. Killer PAF pickups. I think I had a custom 5 in it at one time, too. It sounded awesome with every pickup I tried in it. 

Dude, its out there somewhere and still on the HFC. I just can't remember who owns it now and I do remember offering to buy it back and was declined. 

Don't be a nasty boy Bubs. House burnings can be heart breaking.

3 hours ago, Hbom said:

I had the privilege of keeping 748161 under the bed for a while. T'was all black, so perhaps not as pretty as those. But what a frikkin rocker!

Rocker???. I tell ya, she RAWKS so hard she'll rip your face right off your skull!.💀In fact, I hardly play her in hopes in retaining my handsome good looks 😆p4ISa0a.jpg

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Dude, its out there somewhere and still on the HFC. I just can't remember who owns it now and I do remember offering to buy it back and was declined. 

Ha!  You dick...

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

No, THAT's seriously fucked up.

Three out of the four times I've been offered the chance to buy back a Hamer here that I sold to the person selling it, the price was more than double each time.

8 hours ago, BTMN said:

97ham1.jpg

Mine came from Bruce919. It was one of the three. As a matter of fact the case came with a label that said MahStand3 and I figured that was a great name. Say it with an Arhnold accent and it is great fun. :)

Okay, then, mine was at the end of the string then.  I thought it was the missing number in the string.

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Three out of the four times I've been offered the chance to buy back a Hamer here that I sold to the person selling it, the price was more than double each time.

That is because you are the only one here at the HFC who still sells your Hamer's for 350.

22 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I bought it from Tim.  You messaged me about that neck pup and I sold it to you pretty much before Tim had delivered the Standard to me.  So check your workbench drawers.  I put a Phat Cat in the neck, then put in a Diamarzio Air something humbucker, and that's the way it is today.  It also has a Custom 5 in the bridge that kicks all sorts of ass and isn't going anywhere.

19 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I never received an offer from you, but if you want to make one, I'll be happy to decline it.  :)

Having a Standard was my *ultimate* dream from the time I first saw Rick Nielsen with one in Budokan an Dream Police album covers.  It's in very clean shape, the neck and frets are perfection, and the mahogany has darkened through the years while something- filler? glue?- has become more highlighted.  Not quite Hameritis, which is there at the neck joint, but a unique flaw in the finish overall.  I pulled it out of its case for the first time in about a year- perfectly in tune.

F4E3C267-29C0-41AD-83A3-F03947F14440.jpeg

Archived