Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody here have my old mahogany standard?

Here is another Mahogany Standard that has been with a few HFCers. I got it from BadJaxx out of Pittsburgh and forget who I sold it too. IIRC, it was KIzanski's at one time. The flame to the Mahogany was really nice and it s one I wish was still here but MahStand3 is still here. Been played every day this week with a lil bump from this thread.

97mhs2.jpg

97mhs4.jpg

97mhs3.jpg

97mhs1.jpg

27 minutes ago, BTMN said:

Here is another Mahogany Standard that has been with a few HFCers. I got it from BadJaxx out of Pittsburgh and forget who I sold it too. IIRC, it was KIzanski's at one time. The flame to the Mahogany was really nice and it s one I wish was still here but MahStand3 is still here. Been played every day this week with a lil bump from this thread.

97mhs2.jpg

Yep, that was mine.  I did not sign off on the tort guard, though.

DSCN5833.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, BTMN said:

97ham1.jpg

Mine came from Bruce919. It was one of the three. As a matter of fact the case came with a label that said MahStand3 and I figured that was a great name. Say it with an Arhnold accent and it is great fun. :)

I had three of them at one time. Two were consecutive serial number the other was two numbers LOWER. The MahStand3 was a label I put on the case. Gene that was the third one I found. All of them had a bit of Hamerits around the neck joint , all were great players. I only sold them for financial issues at the time & I had order some custom Hamers. The first one I found was at Woodwind & Brasswind (now out of business) in South Bend in the scratch & dent area. This was in 2000, so it was already three years old NOS.  

I have a photo somewhere at home with all three Mahogany Standards. I will look & scan it in .

FYI - I looked up the serial numbers of the three I had : 748291, 748294, 748295

mag_std.JPG

14 minutes ago, JGale said:

Somewhere in time there is a photo of Bruce919 holding a 'bursted Mahogany Standard.

I wanted it then. I want it now.

Still have the burst see the photo above. Have a Tobacco Sunburst with a sustain block as well. I want all the Mahogany standards too, just not practical.

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

It was starting to do that very lightly,  it has to do with the grain filler I think. 

Yeah, it's a mahogany thing. You can't get a mirror-like finish on mahogany w/o filler.

One showed up on reverb a couple of weeks ago w/three different guards (black, white & torti) and sold quick for $1700.

I never should have sold mine... Found it hanging on a wall in an obscure little PHX area shop back in '08 and got it ridiculously cheap!

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

You are so far back in line, I hope you plan on living to 120. ;) 

What?.. are in front of me?.. You we're discredited and gave up your spot in line the second you said Travis's guitar was destroyed in a fire~ 😉

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Yep, that was mine.  I did not sign off on the tort guard, though.

DSCN5833.jpg

Yeah...that tort guard is...uh...

I've got a white guard in the parts stash that came off of a Korina Standard that somebody torted up (barf), and I'm tempted to send it to whoever has the tort guard on that one just to make the bad part go away.

But, hey, if YOU like it...

12 hours ago, Toadroller said:

1302F35E-3B76-4576-ACB7-530C53BA30A2.jpeg

Glad it’s still in one piece and getting used on occasion. It was too good a guitar to go unplayed. 

Like I said, I don’t think I had a pickup in that guitar that sounded bad. But the Custom 5 just roared in the bridge position. 

This thread is NOT helping me NOT want a Standard! 😡

3 hours ago, draelyc said:

This thread is NOT helping me NOT want a Standard! 😡

Double negative. This thread is helping you want a standard...  😉

22 minutes ago, Travis said:

Double negative. This thread is helping you want a standard...  😉

Exactly. 🕵️‍♂️ 

13 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Hint: you want a Standard

Who doesn’t...?

Archived