Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Current value question

Brownsound

Question

While I understand something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and prices for these things can be all over the place I have a question. What is the current value of a mint Hamer USA Korina Vector 2004 7.5 bls (if weight matters).

Ive seen them all over the web up to $5k (not saying they are selling for that) but I cant seem to find any others for sale.

Thanks

Dave

14 answers to this question

I checked Reverb yesterday and there are several Vectors for sale right now; three are korina.  Two are priced at around $5,000 and one person was asking $7,999!  Two of them (including the really high one) are from that numbered run in the 90's.  Aside from the special number stamped on it, why would that be any better a guitar than any other korina Vector?  I can't see it.

There were 9 listed as "sold" and they went anywhere from $1800 to about $4000.  That is a crazy discrepancy!  The average selling price of the 9 was $2994.

17 hours ago, Brownsound said:

...7.5 bls (if weight matters).

"If weight matters"????
OF COURSE it matters!
Don't make me sick The Rear Page dicks on you.

14 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

$2.5k to $3k~ ish

I concur.

1 minute ago, tommy p said:

Two are priced at around $5,000 and one person was asking $7,999!

COCV

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

"If weight matters"????
OF COURSE it matters!
Don't make me sick The Rear Page dicks on you.

I concur.

COCV

I meant with a V. Vs generally are not known to be boat anchors

2 hours ago, Brownsound said:

I meant with a V. Vs generally are not known to be boat anchors

I know what you meant, but on The Rear Page, weight is everything.
Weight, neck dimensions, the inclusion of hang tags, and any other question that collection of man-children can ask in their quest to find an excuse not to buy you guitar will be asked repeatedly.
And it will be of the utmost importance.
To them.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I know what you meant, but on The Rear Page, weight is everything.
Weight, neck dimensions, the inclusion of hang tags, and any other question that collection of man-children can ask in their quest to find an excuse not to buy you guitar will be asked repeatedly.
And it will be of the utmost importance.
To them.

Ah you mean "Furniture Polishers". Thought that was mostly a Les Paul affliction.

I think years ago I was kicked from the LP forum temporarily for asking repeatedly how a newly Murphied 59R sounded. All they could talk about was how it looked. Ive played far too many Les Pauls that looked great and sounded weak.

I think that anything over $2,500 and anything up to $3,500 is fair and reasonable.  More than $3,500 is not realistic in 2019.

That is, if you’re trying to sell one.

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I think that anything over $2,500 and anything up to $3,500 is fair and reasonable.  More than $3,500 is not realistic in 2019.

That is, if you’re trying to sell one.

I think that sounds about right. Its the luck of the draw from low to high. Ive seen Standards in the same ballpark with the exception of the 4 digit models which get a premium. 

Archived