Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 96 USA Cruise Bass Fretless 5 (SOLD)

I purchased this on Reverb a few years ago thinking it would add something to my arsenal. As it turned out, I am too far sighted to see my hand positioning without frets - It's all just a blur ( I know, you should be able to play by using your ears).

When I took this in for a setup with my favorite luthier, I received a surprise call that the bridge pickup was shorted out. The mystery was solved when we pulled the pickup and saw that it was shorted when she lowered it during setup. She simply re-soldered it and all is working fine. I am saying this as full disclosure that either there was an original design flaw here or someone had monkeyed around with the pickup in the past. In any event, if someone really needs to lower this pickup, they will have to bevel slightly underneath to allow for the wire. Works fine as is for me but I am pricing accordingly to compensate for this little issue.

Condition is absolutely excellent (if not minty) and the Active Bassline pickups with 2-Tek bridge are thunderously loud and fat. It's a really beautiful looking bass.

IMG_1541.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1538.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1539.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1540.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1536.jpg

21 hours ago, Jfritts said:

...I am too far sighted to see my hand positioning without frets - It's all just a blur...

As an alternative to selling might I suggest a new breakthrough in vision enhancement called eyeglasses. 

Just now, Jfritts said:

Or I could learn to play with proper technique.

Well, we can't all be virtuoso prodigies, but looking at the neck while you play isn't exactly a punishable offense.

Archived