Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's that about judging a book by its cover?

Old video. Killer player. With hand speed and finger dexterity like that, just close your eyes and enjoy the magic she makes happen...

8 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

I think I barfed in my mouth.  

7 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

It could’ve been worse, you could’ve barfed in someone else’s mouth... 🤢 🤮 

Or had someone else barf in your mouth...  🤮😮

She started out kind of hot way back when but has obviously let herself go. Had she maintained her weight, she would probably be as popular as Ana or Samantha cause she can certainly outplay either of them. Have you ever seen Laura Chavez. She's equally as fierce. 

6 hours ago, shankyboy said:

She started out kind of hot way back when but has obviously let herself go.

She suffers from hypothyroidism, and she's in her mid fifties. It ain't her fault. 

Had she maintained her weight, she would probably be as popular as Ana or Samantha cause she can certainly outplay either of them.

She does better than you may realize. She has twelve albums out (and on respected labels in the blues world), More than Samantha Fish, and Popovic also has twelve. 

Have you ever seen Laura Chavez. She's equally as fierce. 

I've seen Youtube videos. She's good. She has some credits as hired gun, but hasn't put out anything of her own. Maybe if she gained weight she'd have twelve albums too :lol:

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

She suffers from hypothyroidism, and she's in her mid fifties. It ain't her fault. (I was unaware of that but it doesn't change the fact that she doesn't have the appeal to the unknowing masses that Popovic & Fish do.)

She does better than you may realize. She has twelve albums out (and on respected labels in the blues world), More than Samantha Fish, and Popovic also has twelve. (I have a good friend that has probably a dozen albums out and he is only known in South Texas. Quantity of albums does not translate to mainstream success)

I've seen Youtube videos. She's good. She has some credits as hired gun, but hasn't put out anything of her own. Maybe if she gained weight she'd have twelve albums too :lol: (True that she is not a front person so, no, she would not be as well known. I simply mentioned her because she is an aggressive player much like Joanna)

6 minutes ago, shankyboy said:

I have a good friend that has probably a dozen albums out and he is only known in South Texas. Quantity of albums does not translate to mainstream success

The difference is her records are carried by two MAJOR LABELS, Blind Pig Records and Ruf Records. She's done world tours. Your friend probably did them in his basement. World tours for the friend? Doubt it.

As for mainstream success, aside from SRV and Clapton, no blues player ever had mainstream success, but mainstream in the blues rock world, yes. World tours paid for by your record label typically equate to mainstream success in the genre.

I think I watched this documentary on Netflix a while back.  It's been a while but I think Alice Cooper says his hired guns have to look cool, be tolerable to live with, and be A players.  I highly recommend the full documentary.  In summary "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll".

She's probably only missing one requirement.  I'm missing all three.

10 hours ago, dhuber said:

I think I watched this documentary on Netflix a while back.  It's been a while but I think Alice Cooper says his hired guns have to look cool, be tolerable to live with, and be A players.  I highly recommend the full documentary.  In summary "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll".

She's probably only missing one requirement.  I'm missing all three.

Watched that on Netflix a while back and it was a SUPER cool documentary. In fact, I’ve thought about watching it again. Highly recommended for anyone who...  well, anyone...

15 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

The difference is her records are carried by two MAJOR LABELS, Blind Pig Records and Ruf Records. She's done world tours. Your friend probably did them in his basement. World tours for the friend? Doubt it. (No major label but all at professional studios. A couple of them at Ardent Studios with Jim Gaines producing. No world tours but has played outside the US a few times)

As for mainstream success, aside from SRV and Clapton, no blues player ever had mainstream success, but mainstream in the blues rock world, yes. World tours paid for by your record label typically equate to mainstream success in the genre. (I see your point. I should have said "In the Blues Rock Scene" instead of "Mainstream".)

Archived