Hamer Fan Club Message Center

something i ask me since im in the forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamer Steve Stevens I Standard, 1988, candy red, dots on rosewood, black hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers

Hamer Steve Stevens I Custom, 1985, candy red, crowns on ebony, black hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers, knobs changed to speed knobs, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer Chaparral Standard w/Sustainiac, 1989, pink, dots on rosewood, chrome hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers

Hamer Chaparral Deluxe, 1991, blueburst metallic, alder body, dots and two boomers on ebony, gold hardware, EMG's, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer FB II (Firebird), 1986, vintage white, boomers on ebony, black hardware, 2 humbuckers (non-original Kent Armstrong), knobs changed to Gibson tophat knobs (weren't original anymore, strap pins and pickups also have been changed before)

Hamer Californian Elite, 1991, green transparent, solid curly maple body, boomers on ebony, black hardware, EMG's, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer Chaparral Max Bass, 1991, natural, solid quilted maple body, gold hardware, EMG's (P-Bass, soapbar)

4 hours ago, Hamer_SS_guy said:

Hamer Steve Stevens I Standard, 1988, candy red, dots on rosewood, black hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers

Hamer Steve Stevens I Custom, 1985, candy red, crowns on ebony, black hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers, knobs changed to speed knobs, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer Chaparral Standard w/Sustainiac, 1989, pink, dots on rosewood, chrome hardware, Hamer/Dimarzio Slammers

Hamer Chaparral Deluxe, 1991, blueburst metallic, alder body, dots and two boomers on ebony, gold hardware, EMG's, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer FB II (Firebird), 1986, vintage white, boomers on ebony, black hardware, 2 humbuckers (non-original Kent Armstrong), knobs changed to Gibson tophat knobs (weren't original anymore, strap pins and pickups also have been changed before)

Hamer Californian Elite, 1991, green transparent, solid curly maple body, boomers on ebony, black hardware, EMG's, strap pins changed to Schaller straplocks

Hamer Chaparral Max Bass, 1991, natural, solid quilted maple body, gold hardware, EMG's (P-Bass, soapbar)

7😁

I will have to get back to you on that. In postings about 2004 or so on an old Wayne Charvel forum Wayne posted that this was a product of his when I posted and asked with photos. I have a Star from the same time period. I bought that one in late '82. This Explorer body was my first Evilbay purchase in 1999. It was stripped and had the binding melted from that. I had Ben Chafin here in Tampa Bay rebuild it after I accumulated all the parts. Stumbled on the neck in Jacksonville, Fl. one day while I was there for a concert. Just happened to drive by te shop that had it and asked if he had any Hamers. "No, but I have a Hamer neck in the back." :) YEAH!!!!

Currently at 30 USA Hamers (27 electric guitars, 3 basses). Wouldn’t even want to think about venturing a guess as to how many others have passed through my hands over the 3 decades I’ve been collecting Hamers.  Great, now I realize I have a hoarding problem...thanks! 😁

I've got 3, and they are very special guitars to me:

1985 Electraglide SMG 😎

1981 Bound Vector 🤘

1996 Duotone 😀

The '85 Electraglide might have the best neck I've ever played on ANY electric guitar, period.

o.K. : Up to here I´ve count 52 Members join this survey. (with 431 US Hamers) So the "average" member own 8,3 US Hamers :-)

grphic.JPG

28 minutes ago, JochenP said:

o.K. : Up to here I´ve count 52 Members join this survey. (with 431 US Hamers) So the "average" member own 8,3 US Hamers 🙂

grphic.JPG

Ugh, I’m falling below “average”

guess I know what I need to do...

1 hour ago, JochenP said:

o.K. : Up to here I´ve count 52 Members join this survey. (with 431 US Hamers) So the "average" member own 8,3 US Hamers 🙂

grphic.JPG

If  we ever got a count from HamStd I'm afraid that average would sky rocket. 🏁😀🏁

9 minutes ago, BTMN said:

If  we ever got a count from HamStd I'm afraid that average would sky rocket. 🏁😀🏁

cmatthes was not considered also... :-)

Archived