Hamer Fan Club Message Center

“Dr. Bear” TLE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great story!

I believe these are the knobs you are looking for.  Send me a PM with your address and I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow.

CJ11Wi5iSHu2IiLehiqN3A.jpg

I do love this place...

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I do love this place...

As do I. 

Stories like this are the reasons why I came back here after a significant internet layoff. Of all the forums I’ve belonged to over the years, this is the only one I’ve returned to and continue to view daily. 

Congrats on being reunited. 

Awesome!

It was a privilege to own that guitar for nearly 20 years.   It's even more a privilege to be part of seeing it go home where it truly belongs, and a good ending to a 'one that got away' story!  I've been the recipient of some very good deals with several HFCers over the years, so I'm glad to send some of that your way.

For the record, the transaction was a pleasure.  Dr.Bear had great communication and the patience of a saint--as he waited while my end was dealing with a few delays of various kinds.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Travis said:

As do I. 

Stories like this are the reasons why I came back here after a significant internet layoff. Of all the forums I’ve belonged to over the years, this is the only one I’ve returned to and continue to view daily. 

Congrats on being reunited. 

And I guess the same feeling from whereever in the world...Share your point

I just love a happy ending.

And a positive, heartwarming conclusion to a story, too.  ;)🤣

Congrats Dr. Bear. You give me hope that I may yet one day be reunited with the purple metal flake  Cali LE I so foolishly sold years ago.

BadgerDave is as good as his word. (After hanging out with you lot for a few weeks here I am not surprised.). Today a box appeared via USPS containing a pair of the era-specific black volume and tone knobs for Dr. Bear. Thank you, amigo.

Diablo175, I wish that your purple metal flake Cali LE was in your hands once again. I don't know if non-players can understand the deep connections we can forge with the supposedly inanimate objects into which we pour our technique and emotion in order to sing with our hands.

17 hours ago, Dr. Bear said:

BadgerDave is as good as his word. (After hanging out with you lot for a few weeks here I am not surprised.). Today a box appeared via USPS containing a pair of the era-specific black volume and tone knobs for Dr. Bear. Thank you, amigo.

Diablo175, I wish that your purple metal flake Cali LE was in your hands once again. I don't know if non-players can understand the deep connections we can forge with the supposedly inanimate objects into which we pour our technique and emotion in order to sing with our hands.

I hear you.  That's why I've only gotten rid of 2 guitars in my life - one was an Aria Pro II Explorer shaped guitar and a 1987 RG550 and that was only a couple years ago.  My Peavey T-60, though I don't play it very much, was the first decent guitar I had (parent bought for birthday) and now that they're both gone, when I play it, it's a nice reminder of that time.    

• 1 month later...

I’m not on the board much at all anymore but I pop on today and read this thread. It was of interest to me because I’m a TLE lover. I had one of these “ones that got away” too.  It was a custom build by BadgerDave, a teal Tele thinline with a Fender Custom Shop neck...anybody remember that one?  Sadly, i’ll nevr be able to get it back because IIRC after I sold it, it was dismantled and parted out. It was such a shame, I thought it was amazing and I’m really not sure why I ever sold it. I’m glad to hear this great story and happy ending about this TLE though. 

8 minutes ago, jginsj said:

I’m not on the board much at all anymore but I pop on today and read this thread. It was of interest to me because I’m a TLE lover. I had one of these “ones that got away” too.  It was a custom build by BadgerDave, a teal Tele thinline with a Fender Custom Shop neck...anybody remember that one?  Sadly, i’ll nevr be able to get it back because IIRC after I sold it, it was dismantled and parted out. It was such a shame, I thought it was amazing and I’m really not sure why I ever sold it. I’m glad to hear this great story and happy ending about this TLE though. 

Teal?  You don't mean sea foam, by any chance?

fackoff.JPGimage.png

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

Teal?  You don't mean sea foam, by any chance?

fackoff.JPGimage.png

Awwwww man of course you have it Kizanski!  You and Peter have all the cool guitars!  How is it with the different neck?  I loved the custom shop neck it had originally.  Such a freakin’ awesome guitar.  I’ll have to get a good pic of my seafoam Daytona, it’s mint and I have yet to see another one. 

10 hours ago, jginsj said:

Awwwww man of course you have it Kizanski!  You and Peter have all the cool guitars!  How is it with the different neck?  I loved the custom shop neck it had originally.  Such a freakin’ awesome guitar.  I’ll have to get a good pic of my seafoam Daytona, it’s mint and I have yet to see another one. 

Like this sea foam Daytona?  Selling this one was one I regret.

DSCN4741.JPG

DSCN4743.JPG

Archived