Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
mathman

New Amp Day

Decided I wanted to try a small tube amp and had been looking around a bit.  Still a bit of a cheapskate... 

Been reading about the MonoPrice Tube amps and so I pulled the trigger on the 5 watt tube version.  Got to spend some time to break in the speaker now.

Monoprice 5-Watt, 1x8 Guitar Combo Tube Amplifier with Celestion SpeakerIMG_0810.jpg

• Like 3

Nice! Awaiting a full tone report...

Posted (edited)

Looks cool, enjoy the amp. Just be forewarned: Those of us in the A/V world have dubbed monoprice products, “mono-use.” Save your receipt. 

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1

So far it sounds pretty good.  Nice clean tone, crunches up pretty good at the 5 watt setting.  Can use the guitar volume to clean it up.  Seems to handle my cheap pedals well.  

early sound recording.  the harshness is supposed to go away once the speaker breaks in.

• Like 2

The more I play this the better it sounds.   Took it to Neal's house ( guitarist in our old band) and he loved it.  For just over a hundred bucks it is a pretty amazing sounding amp. Just sounds better the more I play it as the speaker breaks in. Anyone looking for a small cheap tube amp should consider it.  

another sound report video in a week or so.  Moving out the daughter in the next few days so just a little time to  play, no time to record!

• Like 1