Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sunday Morning Gold(top)

So, you wake up Sunday morning. The aches in the muscles remind you you are not as young as you were. The skies are overcast. The sun might not break through at all today.

So, what else to do but pour a cup of coffee and wake up with something bright and shiny. I like this one a lot. And, NO, it is NOT me playing it. As if anyone would think that! But I reckon I will have a go after I massage away the stiffness.

Welcome to June......

That video made me want to massage away my stiffness...

looks and sounds great!

3 hours ago, RobB said:

Great! Make sure you update your post to keep us updated. 

I reckon my comment could be read more than one way. Usually I am more alert than that, Unfortunately.....

The good news.....I have made it to spitting distance of 70 without having to deal with "heavy" medication. Last visit, my doc sez there is something you should try. Just as a precaution. Well, she knows more than me.....What could go wrong?

Well, one of the less common (apparently) potential side effects is interference with muscles. Initially, upper legs. If you have ever run a very long distance, you might recall having to negotiate stairs in reverse the next day once the stiffness sets in. It goes away.....Well, that is what it felt like. Except the morning after a 2 mile walk. And not better after a day or two. Trying to walk (stiffly) ended up pulling something else. Got to the point where if I went down to one knee for something, I had to struggle to get up. NOW, that is still there but less severe. My wife has a massage therapist that has helped some. Thai massage anyone? Nuttin sexy about it! The only happy ending was reduced pain.

While less of an issue now for my l;egs, the problem then started in my upper arms. Seems to loosen up AFTER I get moving and have that cup of coffee. So long as I do not try to hold the mug at arms length. But it starts to set back in as the evening rolls out. Pretty much whatever, I do, hard to sleep for more than 2 hours. I have tried a bit of everything, including some "self-medication". Still, hard to push myself over and  swing outta bed. If I stretch long enough, it SLOWLY starts to loosen up. But I cannot even think of reaching above my head.

Meds have stopped. Hopefully this all fades away without too much delay. All the more frustrating for someone that tends to be physically active and, before, relatively strong.

Too long and boring story.....This morning, watching someone else do something nice with Goldie was about the best I could do. And, no, I do NOT do any Townshend style gymnastics when playing.

My tale of woe. Hope to be back to my sassy self one of these days.....

Archived