Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Camstone

NGD Sho Bud D10

Well, call me crazy but after much back and forth deliberation, I have decided to teach myself to play pedal steel guitar. And since I rarely go into any endeavor lightly, I bought a really nice one. A late 70's Sho Bud D10 Professional. She's a beauty.

We'll see how long it takes for me to be proficient enough to bring it out to a gig. I'm guessing two years. But I have a music room where I can set it up plugged into an amp and just go sit and woodshed on it. There's dozens of instructional videos on youtube and I figure I can loop some rhythm tracks with my 6 string and play over them for practice. Stay tuned.....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

• Like 11

She's a beauty.  I do love me some good pedal steal, just a luscious instrument.  Good luck, I understand they take quite a bit to master.

Posted (edited)

Beautiful 

Lock it into a super reverb or Twin w/ JBL's and it will part your hair at 30 ft.

I've been quietly looking for a '50s Supro lap top just for fun.

How good is your tuner ;)

Edited by Rockola
Can't spell gud

20 strings, 8 pedals, 2 years - sounds right.  Well, I expect it will by then anyway.  Congrats and enjoy!

Wow! You are diving right in. Ive got a single 10 string in e9. Lots of killer info online. I would recommend learning to play the harmonized scale via pedals with one stationary bar position. This was the huge breakthrough I needed. Good luck its crazy. I also found that the shoes makes a big difference. I cant use anythi g but sneakers

• Like 2

Nice rig, congrats!  If you ever thought trems had too many moving parts... ;) :rolleyes: :lol:

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Nice rig, congrats!  If you ever thought trems had too many moving parts... ;) :rolleyes: :lol:

Yeah I know. The good news is that this guitar was recently refurbished by a company called Show Pro in Nashville. So should be working as designed for a while.

Moving parts you say?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Edited by Camstone
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Camstone said:

Yeah I know. The good news is that this guitar was recently refurbished by a company called Show Pro in Nashville. So should be working as designed for a while.

Moving parts you say?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Looks like roughly 3/4 as many moving parts as a Washburn Wonderbar...lol

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I did a few gigs with a band with a steel guitarist. That 2-neck Sho-Bud was his weapon of choice. Fantastic sound, great precision, and great source of dynamics and musicality.

So its nailed to the floor in its hard case eh?