Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Downing? V on eBay

Hey,

There's a restored Downing V on eBay.  It's hard to tell what's really going on with it from the poor pics, but it could be the real deal. Local pickup only, apparently. No affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-1984-Hamer-flying-v-guitar-restored-by-WD-guitars-New-setup-tested/401779657132?hash=item5d8bef09ac:g:SgsAAOSwEC5c9X5E

12 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

Not even a shill bid yet?

i think no body knows what is biding for, with this pics and this kind of description i scared

im going to email her

"...already passed on 800.00 from guitar store. So that is where it starts."

And that's where it will end, if you're lucky.  The "Make an offer" option implies they'll take less, so that doesn't make sense.  

Should have taken the $800 from the guitar store, except I'm sure that never happened.  

8 minutes ago, Thundersteel said:

"Surveyed for accuracy."  What does that mean?

It means English is a second language, or she's making shit up.
My money's on both.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, Eli said:

Hey,

There's a restored Downing V on eBay.  It's hard to tell what's really going on with it from the poor pics, but it could be the real deal. Local pickup only, apparently. No affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-1984-Hamer-flying-v-guitar-restored-by-WD-guitars-New-setup-tested/401779657132?hash=item5d8bef09ac:g:SgsAAOSwEC5c9X5E

I find it hugely annoying when a seller gives zero information about the guitar he is selling. What wood is the body made of, what pup is in it, what are the tuners etc etc. A piece of rock history my arse.

Hmmmm... Who was the wingnut in FL that was banned for trying to recreate or sell a fake Tipton Hamer from 15 yrs ago on HFC? Came back as Kissfan or something and rebanned for a fake or threats.

Just me, maybe, but that's the vibe.

You are thinking of Hellrider.  He got in trouble here, alright. 

His refinish work looked excellent, and he did recreate a Tipton version of a Hamer Phantom.  There was a lefty/righty conversion on a Vector, too.  He told people what he did to the guitars.

So, I contacted the seller yesterday, asking for better and closer pictures. The response is laughable. No way this is legit.

The finish is complete, the people who had it were unaware of the value of the guitar. The finish was ruined due to misuse and neglect.so I had it completely refinished. It was done by a true professional, WD guitars sent it out to him, two hundred dollars for the paint alone.then 150 for the inspection and set up including New strings, pots and pick up tested by their looper. The technician who went through this piece is the same looper who fixes the guitars for the likes of Blackfoot, I ve actually held the guitar from sweet home Alabama video. The guitar is what it is and was valued by them at 800. Paint was done by one of the best antique Auto restoration companies in the country.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, Rockola said:

Hmmmm... Who was the wingnut in FL that was banned for trying to recreate or sell a fake Tipton Hamer from 15 yrs ago on HFC? Came back as Kissfan or something and rebanned for a fake or threats.

Just me, maybe, but that's the vibe.

He wasn't banned for trying to recreate or sell a fake Hamer...he was banned for being a world class psycho asshole.  He threatened several members here and stalked several others...FOR YEARS.

6 hours ago, devrock said:

BTW, the seller has yet to respond to my follow-up email requesting closer photos and if the serial # is still visible. IMO, a $200 refin = $99 Earl Schibe car paint special. :D

Yep.

Archived