Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My current guitar family (Hamers et al.)

Got all of my electrics strung up with Ultra Slinkies and set up to play smoothly, so I thought I’d run them all through my Shiva back to back, playing similar licks to see how they each sound through the same amp.

If you watch both videos, you’ll see that, taken together, they begin and end with my Hamers.  That is ... not accidental. 😎

Clean channel:

Drive channel:

Nice set of videos. I especially liked how the strat and the Special/Sunburst jived with the Bogner. Good classic clean and overdriven tones.

Consistent playing from guitar to guitar... I enjoyed the differences. Super Strats never quite know if they wanna be a Strat or a Les Paul... they are never as thick as a Les Paul or as articulate as a strat yet can be the best of both worlds.

Out of curiosity, what were the pickups in each guitar and was anything in your pedalboard chain?

13 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Nice set of videos. I especially liked how the strat and the Special/Sunburst jived with the Bogner. Good classic clean and overdriven tones.

Consistent playing from guitar to guitar... I enjoyed the differences. Super Strats never quite know if they wanna be a Strat or a Les Paul... they are never as thick as a Les Paul or as articulate as a strat yet can be the best of both worlds.

Out of curiosity, what were the pickups in each guitar and was anything in your pedalboard chain?

Thanks, man!

So, in the clean channel vid, I used neck pickups:

Hamer Studio:  Duncan '59
Hamer Mirage: Duncan Vintage Rail
Strat:  stock alnico single coil
Ibanez: rhythm = combo of stock middle single coil (DiMarzio, I think) & neck V7 'bucker, split; lead = just the neck V7

Bridge pickups for the drive channel:

Ibby:  stock V8 humbucker
Strat: stock alnico ~ same as neck, but wound a little hotter
Hamer Mirage:  Duncan Custom Custom
Hamer Studio:  Duncan Distortion

I normally run effects and control amp switching with a Boss MS-3, but for these vids I just went straight in, guitar-->cable-->Shiva's input.  I used a little bit of the amp's build in reverb.

Thanks again for checking out the videos! 👍

Archived