Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lovepedal OD11

I stopped by my local shop and was unable to find anything with strings that I was willing to take home. But I stopped by the pedal case on my way out, nothing. Then I noticed the "Trade Ins" on top of the case and they had a Lovepedal OD11. So i took it for a spin with a telecaster into a 72 Princeton (tube rectified). Now I have not ever found an overdrive or distortion that feels really good into the front on a clean amp. I set this up in about two seconds and I was blown away, so I bought it and now i'm having a hard time not going back to get that Pricneton! LOL 

I got it home and ran it though my Club 20 and was equally as blown away with that set up. such a great pedal, and its happy if you want to stack things in front of it. I put my Durham Sex Drive in front of it and its funny how similar they sound or don't sound. Because when you turn the off, your amp and guitars tone are still intact. They both amplify, overdrive, distort the sound that you have but they don't really change it. It does seem that when you get into higher gain settings on the OD11 that it adds some mids and starts to sound like more of a marshall in a box. 

Anyway, i've had some great pedals, but i'm am really blown away with this one. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I have had one of those for over a year that I got from Hbom and it is the best OD I have ever used. Transparent in that is allows your guitar tone to stay front and center. Somehow it stays out of the way while overdriving your amp. The bass and treble controls really do work well too. Since then, I picked up both a Box of Awesome and an Amp11 cause those double pedals each have an OD11 on one side.

it is def not a high gain pedal but it LOVES goosing a hot Marshall. I have found it works with any amp that I own, clean or dirty amp. Sean Michael at Lovepedal has an ear that must match mine exactly. His pedals are the tones that I like and want. 

Again, it is my fave OD ever. OD perfection.

...and the stupid thing is that Lovepedal sells the OD11 for $50 during the Saturday Night Special sales.....crazy good.

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

Yes! I have had one of those for over a year that I got from Hbom and it is the best OD I have ever used. Transparent in that is allows your guitar tone to stay front and center. Somehow it stays out of the way while overdriving your amp. The bass and treble controls really do work well too. Since then, I picked up both a Box of Awesome and an Amp11 cause those double pedals each have an OD11 on one side.

it is def not a high gain pedal but it LOVES goosing a hot Marshall. I have found it works with any amp that I own, clean or dirty amp. Sean Michael at Lovepedal has an ear that must match mine exactly. His pedals are the tones that I like and want. 

Again, it is my fave OD ever. OD perfection.

One more thumbs up, esp for the AMP11. It features a one knob boost in addition to the OD11. It works really well to let you get the sound you like, as you mentioned, then add "just a bit more" when you need it.

53 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

...and the stupid thing is that Lovepedal sells the OD11 for $50 during the Saturday Night Special sales.....crazy good.

I know I could have waited for a sale, but even I am willing to pay for a premium some times. $80 Cash, used its just that freaking good. @django49 the Amp11 would be a great bonus to have the boost along with the OD11. 

Mine has just a Tone Knob with and a Bass Knob. I just turned the bass off and brought it up off of zero until I started to feel a little weight under the note.

Yeah, it is worth every penny of $80. An incredible OD. It reminds me of a Klone, but there is something more going on than a Klone at clean boost__”

8 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I don't see it listed on their website. Has it been discontinued?

The Big Box Amp11 is on the main Lovepedal website for sale.. it has the OD11 on one side and a modified Church of Tone  one knob boost on the other. I have the  small box amp 11  and it is just great. You can use just the OD11 or just the COT boost or stack them both at once. A great pedal.

The OD11 is voiced a a very transparent overdrive. The Bass and Tone control really let you dial in your guitar as well as control the bass if you add more gain. 

Here's what was posted on the SNS the day I bought my OD11

"The Lovepedal OD11 is an organic overdrive, designed to bring out the best in your tube amp with a natural feel and uncompressed gain structure.

9 to 18V operation increases clean headroom and definition but no matter the voltage, the Lovepedal OD11 produces an open sound like your amp at stage volume. In addition to familiar controls, the Lovepedal provides a powerful Bass knob which adds thickness to single coils or tightens humbuckers without affecting the OD11's bountiful harmonics.

OD11 has a tremendous amount of output which allows dynamic, uncolored boost for you base tone in addition to the organic variety of overdrive. Single coils can also benefit from the bass control's boost or cutting abilities, depending on your favorite pickup selections. Finally, whether your like a little or a lot of drive, the Lovepedal OD 11's Treble control can excite the shimmer in your pickups or tame a shrill rig, while 18V capability provides extra headroom when you need "

So the Echophonic Jr landed today. Its the pedal the Dunlop Echoplex wishes it was. Now i'm a Dunlop fanboy with this pedal doing so well in front of a dirty amp or overdrive pedal plus being able to also boost the signal like a real echoplex, its tops in my book. 

3 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

So the Echophonic Jr landed today. Its the pedal the Dunlop Echoplex wishes it was. Now i'm a Dunlop fanboy with this pedal doing so well in front of a dirty amp or overdrive pedal plus being able to also boost the signal like a real echoplex, its tops in my book. 

It sounded fantastic in Pete Thorn’s demo! One of his most memorable IMHO. Glad you dig it!

@zenmindbeginner it does everything he said it would. If I set it for a slap in front of a dirty amp, I can still hit a boost or roll my volume off and the slap goes with you instead of disappearing or getting all modulated. I am using it first in the chain and with a little volume bump I no longer need a buffer. 

If you are signed up for their newsletter, you should have received an email link today for he latest of the periodic sales. Note that it has a new modified version of the Amp11, with the built in boost for $125.

Assuming this follows the normal routine, there will be a rollout of many more pedals over the next few days just to keep everyone coming back for prices much better than whatever is ordinarily listed on the site.

ETA.....Entire stock (supposedly 100) already shown as sold out within about 2 hours.

I did sign up, I like the version I have so much that i'm keeping my eye out for that version of the Amp11. Off Topic, I also just purchased the new Fulltone Trem Jr, and I don't like it as much as that little pink garagetone that I have. 

3 hours ago, django49 said:

If you are signed up for their newsletter, you should have received an email link today for he latest of the periodic sales. Note that it has a new modified version of the Amp11, with the built in boost for $125.

Assuming this follows the normal routine, there will be a rollout of many more pedals over the next few days just to keep everyone coming back for prices much better than whatever is ordinarily listed on the site.

ETA.....Entire stock (supposedly 100) already shown as sold out within about 2 hours.

I’m waiting for something cool at $50, then add a hoodie.  Winter is coming. 😁

Archived