Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Toadroller

9 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Speechless. 

B5E13D66-D1DC-468F-93EA-DC18F3E69EA7.jpeg

5EAF26BF-4998-4FBC-B4E7-94B2FAD38F09.jpeg

and something special. 
B8C003B2-6879-462C-BD64-FDB99E13DA1E.jpeg

That is a thing of absolute beauty. Congrats!

Congratulations!

Lemon top, unique cool inlays, Grace and Enola, badass Muse tip...and yeah, Shazam is right with the always perfect jazzburst on the back.

A complete package of Shishkov goodness that is customized to the Roller of Toads.

Damn. I cannot wait for mine to get in queue.

23 minutes ago, Northfield said:

Thanks  @Toadroller!  It was a blast working on it with you.   Since the best part of these threads are the pictures  - Here are a few we took  - The lemon color was hard to capture.   I’m looking forward to seeing Mrs. Toadrollers pics   🎸

701AB843-BC85-469C-B880-33705A78E4B4.jpeg

3952467C-63F0-4C1C-A82B-3360D777696E.jpeg

A5630E5A-1609-4806-82C4-2C5EC043D6F2.jpeg

B78369AE-13EE-4D67-A6F7-345EA85BB9A5.jpeg

892D6EE0-CA4F-4DFF-8859-9066EDBB85C1.jpeg

279B67C5-2FD5-4868-BD5D-87DF81F5600D.jpeg

Love the curves of the single cut! Are there any pics of the different single cuts side by side to compare the varying contours of the lower bout...?

Man I love it. As beautiful and unique as the guitar is in its own right, the fact that your son designed the expertly stylized inlays brings heirloom status to the instrument. You must be busting with pride. Many congratulations to everyone involved. 

You da man, Mike. 

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Love the curves of the single cut! Are there any pics of the different single cuts side by side to compare the varying contours of the lower bout...?

While I was at Shishkov World HQ, Mike brought out two blanks and set them side by side, asked if I could tell old vs new.  Humans are great with patterns and shapes and I could see the difference in the lower bout and was able to tell them apart.  Mike then stacked them on top of each other, and the differences in the lower bout were at most a sliver of maybe a 16th of an inch here or there in their curves.  Tiny, tiny difference, easily visible.  A neat exercise.

5 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

While I was at Shishkov World HQ, Mike brought out two blanks and set them side by side, asked if I could tell old vs new.  Humans are great with patterns and shapes and I could see the difference in the lower bout and was able to tell them apart.  Mike then stacked them on top of each other, and the differences in the lower bout were at most a sliver of maybe a 16th of an inch here or there in their curves.  Tiny, tiny difference, easily visible.  A neat exercise.

Thanks for that. I appreciate it. When it’s time for my single cut to be, well... cut, I’ll have to keep that in mind. They’ve all looked great but I can tell a difference, just not sure which I prefer. It’s so interesting that such a seemingly insignificant difference can appear so much greater. 

Archived