Binding.jpg

Binding2.jpg

96 tears, too many teardrops for one heart to carry on

• Like 4

Uber flame ... awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

Uber flame ... awesome

I paid a visit to Shishkov World Headquarters* last summer on a motorcycle trip around New England and spent some time with Mike and Trish and the dogs.  A wonderful afternoon!

Shishkovian guitar highlights included:

• Playing an Improv.  The thing weighs -2.4 pounds.  Seriously.  You have to hold it down to keep it from floating away.
  • Seeing the "Hello Kitty" guitar Mike built for one of his daughters.  It has sparkle paint!  My nine-year-old Tadpolerette would just die!

• Hearing the @JGravelin Charlotte twins.  Yup.  Them.  'Nuff said.

• Playing a Studio (IIRC) with Duncan Double-Ds in it.  We were thinking one might have been wired out of phase, because when in the middle position, everything dropped out.

• There was this bodacious blue Monaco 3 on a stand, but as I had one at the time, I let it collect dust.  @Montelovesco you really should get one of these some day.  I'd be willing to do an assist any time!

• Trying to describe what I wanted for a neck carve had been a challenge via email and spec sheets.  Fortunately, when I played the Shishkov prototype, its neck was exactly what I was trying to convey.  "Make it just like that."

• The best part was kneeling on the floor going through the stash of top-material blanks, oohing, awe-ing, and sorting into possibles, probables, and "yeah, that's the one."  Iffen ur gonna get a Shishkov, take the opportunity to pick your own top if you can.  As you can see, I wanted straight, flame, with cross hatch.  And a touch of chevron.  Chef's kiss.

There's a minor personalization to #96, but the guitar itself will, fundamentally, be the culmination of what I like in a guitar- what a custom order should be.

* Not one of the field offices, no.  Straight to corporate!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

That does sound like a cool afternoon.

• Like 1

Double bonus points if you go back on the motorcycle to take delivery!

Stunning-looking WIP.  Looking forward to the debut.

So... like this, but on a motorcycle?

Image result for fury road guitar guy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That scene is some crazy movie watching. I forgot that is where Nikki Sixx seems to have gotten his Flamethrower bass idea.

8 hours ago, BTMN said:

That scene is some crazy movie watching. I forgot that is where Nikki Sixx seems to have gotten his Flamethrower bass idea.

THREAD DERAIL:  Love the first two Mad Max flicks, but I remember being amused by the illogic embedded in the plot of this one. You know, gasoline being scarce to the point of unobtainable, but all the cars having huge V-8 mills with massive Roots blowers sitting on top of most of them. Yeah...I cannot seem to find any gasoline, so I think I'll keep driving this '72 Charger that gets 4 mpg...that's the ticket.

And yes, I do realize that fast cars were both part of the appeal of the movie and seemingly required by the characters to escape captors and/or pursue prey. It was still illogical.

Now, back to #0096:  I love the teaser pics. What color are you going for, Master Toadroller?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

THREAD DERAIL:  Love the first two Mad Max flicks, but I remember being amused by the illogic embedded in the plot of this one. You know, gasoline being scarce to the point of unobtainable, but all the cars having huge V-8 mills with massive Roots blowers sitting on top of most of them. Yeah...I cannot seem to find any gasoline, so I think I'll keep driving this '72 Charger that gets 4 mpg...that's the ticket.

And yes, I do realize that fast cars were both part of the appeal of the movie and seemingly required by the characters to escape captors and/or pursue prey. It was still illogical.

Let's face it, "Mad Max" told with Prius's and Ford Fusions is just downtown Portland Oregon at rush hour

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Let's face it, "Mad Max" told with Prius's and Ford Fusions is just downtown Portland Oregon at rush hour

...or the Beltline around Raleigh or the 485 loop around Charlotte.

Verily, verily.

Man, you really got me thinking about a MIII again...

• Haha 1

Getting ready to put tab A into slot B

body2.jpg

body1.jpg

Body and Headstock1.jpg

• Like 9

Looking awesome!  I can’t wait to see how this one develops.

3 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Getting ready to put tab A into slot B

body2.jpg

body1.jpg

Body and Headstock1.jpg

🍆🍆🍆

Soon to head to the paint booth...

all together back.jpg

• Like 6