Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Impact Bass

24 minutes ago, Jfritts said:

I bought it because my current Impact is the best bass I've ever played, and I've played many. I had to have it - at least for a while. G.A.S.

I'm surprised that some here feel the price is too high. I see 4 digit Standards for sale all the time, at much higher prices, but the  Impacts are all hiding out somewhere. They are rare and of extremely high build quality. 

The good news is this - I nearly always sell my Hamers for less than I paid, so someone will eventually get a deal. Until then, I'll explore the amazing sonic range of having both a black and red Impact.

Wow, good on you man, what a great find! as an Impact owner myself I can say that we are crazy AF but we know what a good bass is...  I am really happy that an HFCer got this one... 

Congratulations!

The fact that you already have one and wanted a second one that bad says how good a bass it must be. Also assuming you like red you probably couldn't expect to find another one with an original finish that looks that good.

19 hours ago, Jfritts said:

so someone will eventually get a deal. Until then, I'll explore the amazing sonic range of having both a black and red Impact.

Hah!  We all want a good deal, so when you're ready to put a solid $350 in your pocket we're here for you.

More to the point, I'm glad someone who loves and plays will have this. I'm convinced it's only a case queen because it was a collector who had it before. It's just too nice not to be played! get some fingerprints on it and make some noise.

23 hours ago, Jfritts said:

I bought it because my current Impact is the best bass I've ever played, and I've played many. I had to have it - at least for a while. G.A.S.

I'm surprised that some here feel the price is too high. I see 4 digit Standards for sale all the time, at much higher prices, but the  Impacts are all hiding out somewhere. They are rare and of extremely high build quality. 

The good news is this - I nearly always sell my Hamers for less than I paid, so someone will eventually get a deal. Until then, I'll explore the amazing sonic range of having both a black and red Impact.

Congratulations - Those are awesome basses!

How often do you see an Impact bass for sale? They do, but a couple years may pass between when one pops up.

That's why it cost that much. An Impact has been on my want list for twenty years. There comes a point where honestly, you start getting too old to wait around years for the "right" deal. $3800 to me sounds fair.

5 hours ago, tobereeno said:

How often do you see an Impact bass for sale? They do, but a couple years may pass between when one pops up.

That's why it cost that much. An Impact has been on my want list for twenty years. There comes a point where honestly, you start getting too old to wait around years for the "right" deal. $3800 to me sounds fair.

100% agree, happiness is priceless

and one day....im going to be an impact owner too

enjoy the monster

11 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Wow, a guy who saw something he wanted, saw the price, decided the price was fair and he could afford it, and bought it. Imagine that.

Shut up with your crazy talk!

Archived