Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Case for Newport Pro

Yeah. My bad on that one. I shouldn't have posted that and then left town for four days.

In my defense, I got a call that there was a seat available for a fly in fishing trip if I could be at the airport in an hour. Being old and broke I never say no to a free trip to paradise.

So after having a few days to think about it, this case is no longer for sale. Sorry.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:16 PM, cmatthes said:

Peter is “Hamstd” on here.

Plus he likes ham sandwiches and avoids STDs when possible.😀😀.   I can check but these cases are hard to find as they are oddball shaped compared to standard GC1 obviously. 

6 hours ago, HamStd said:

Plus he likes ham sandwiches and avoids STDs when possible.😀😀.   I can check but These are hard to gibe as they are oddball shaped compared to standard GC1 obviously. 

:D

That is definitely the right case.  It isn't a GC-1, it's not a rectangular case, a v-shaped case, and not a bass case.

Not sure why you're hung up on the measurements.  It's the right case for a Newport/Monaco.  Hamer simply didn't have that many case options.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Not sure why you're hung up on the measurements.  It's the right case for a Newport/Monaco.  Hamer simply didn't have that many case options.

And Newport cases are a snug fit!!

On 7/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, mtn cub said:

Boomerang,

Did you get a chance to get a few measurements on the case?

Inside, lower bout.

Inside, upper bout.

Body length.

Measurements such as these for a es336.....

Tim.

es-339.jpg.dcbfa0a4eea17c4bcd3884a4fc6b5cfc.jpg

Dang - those are impressive measurement graphics!

Do you by chance know how much it weighs?

OK - just kidding.

Yes - I double checked your measurements and its the correct case.

Interesting comments......

I am wondering why it is/was so difficult to measure the inside lower bout width of the case and confirm that it is indeed 14" wide.

To me, it didn't seem like a complicated request.

I realize that my Hamer knowledge is not anywhere close to the experts who are regular contributors on this site.

That being said, I was just trying to be positive that it was a Newport sized case and not a Studio case.

My apologies for my ignorance.....

Tim.

Tim,

No apologies needed.    I'm probably a little to OCD about my cases anyway.  My ase fitment worries are usually about the depth of the case where the body fits and how it relates to the neck angle/support while it's in the case.

I'm by no means an expert Hamers or any other guitars for that matter and hopefully did not put out that vibe.   But I do usually have a decent knowledge of what I currently own or have owned.

No offense intended by my comments, just being a general smartass.   

FWIW, its the correct Hamer case.

On July 2, 2019 at 3:52 PM, Moose said:

Does case candy include that lovely orange placeholder there?  

I'm not an orange fan, but the TSO Newports are still my favorite.

I know some people hate the orange Newport, but I think it gives the guitar just the right vibe. Let's face it, the Newport leans toward Gretsch Land far more than toward Gibson ES territory, and so the choice of orange was probably intentional and indicative of that orientation... Or maybe they just chose that because it looks cool when it's all sparkly. 

Archived