Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: Chaparral Custom

Made a late-night impulse buy on Reverb last Friday, and this gorgeous 1988 Chaparral Custom shows up first thing Monday morning, all the way from Japan. I've no idea how it got here so fast, especially since they didn't charge me for shipping. Flame-maple body, OBL pickups all around and outside of the high-E tuner getting twisted in shipping (at least it took the hit rather than the whole headstock) it is in incredibly good shape. Clearly used some, but lovingly taken care of over the years.

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

LOVE IT! and like has been said that IS BADASS! Looks like it is keeping company with some other beautiful guitars as well! Congrats! Money well spent I'd say! BTW shipping by EMS out of Japan is incredibly quick!

NICE! Cool score. A Chap was my second Hamer ever. Nowhere near as cool as yours...

Its good to see that shipping/delivery from these Japanese sellers (they seem to have some pretty nice Hamer stock over there) goes down fast and smoothly with no issues.

LOVE the axe - how would you describe the neck?

Looks almost like my '89 except I have a recessed Floyd (and different pickups). What year is that? When did they recess or not-recess Floyds?

3 hours ago, Never2Late said:

...how would you describe the neck?

It's about the same depth as my '86 Chap's neck (on the thinish/shredder side of the spectrum), but has pretty substantial shoulders which makes it feel much much bigger.

16 minutes ago, ZR said:

What year is that?

This is an '88.

Archived