Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Well, I just can't help myself.

I tried a new pedal through a Princeton with a Tele and I don't think it gets much better than that. So I went out and bought a 71 Princeton, to go with my Tele and my Pedal. LOL Seriously folks, I gotta stop. I text the wife to transfer the money, texted her five minutes later and said nevermind. She text back, "Money is there do with it what you want.". She is no help,  not at all. 

23 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I tried a new pedal through a Princeton with a Tele and I don't think it gets much better than that. So I went out and bought a 71 Princeton, to go with my Tele and my Pedal. LOL Seriously folks, I gotta stop. I text the wife to transfer the money, texted her five minutes later and said nevermind. She text back, "Money is there do with it what you want.". She is no help,  not at all. 

Excellent wife.

But...  which pedal..?

• 4 weeks later...

Well after the speaker shoot out last weekend, I left my Princeton with Doug. He is going to take my Princeton and his 64 Princeton Reverb and gig them both. We did ran one into the other last weekend and then tweaked the mod on the back of my amp and blended the two together. What a sound, neither was better than the other, just different and they worked well as a team.  I'm going to try to sneak out in the neck couple weeks and catch one of his gigs and hear them live. I have gotten some good deals on amps, but the $700 Princeton that needed no updates, speaker changes or mods is a pretty sweat deal. We toyed with putting a 12 in it, since he already has an offset baffle, but at this point I see no reason to tweak it. I do not miss the reverb, I just put two delays on it. One short slap and one with a little trail. The OD11 for a little change in color and a Way Huge Conspiracy Theory for Lead Boost. Not sure what he is going to use, but his little board he uses with the Princeton is usually a BB Preamp Plus (just the cleaner side), and a Guyatone Echo. that is a very good Echo BTW. 

Running two Princetons in stereo or wet/dry would be an awesome time. Hmm, also the same with Deluxe Reverbs...and Super Reverbs...and Twins...and...

3 minutes ago, Sugartune said:

Running two Princetons in stereo or wet/dry would be an awesome time. Hmm, also the same with Deluxe Reverbs...and Super Reverbs...and Twins...and...

Now that it comes to mind, I was running that Orangutan Jr. of yours with a PRRI, and it was very sweet. Needed more headroom for what I was doing band-wise, so they had to move along....sad face emoji

1 minute ago, Sugartune said:

And the list goes on. For the size of the gigs, this is pretty much a Princeton World. The Deluxe or Bassman if you want to do more work with your pedals. Maybe a pair of Bandmaster! The Bandmaster was actually what I was looking for before I found the Princeton, the Princeton at my local shop is the same year as the one I purchased, but stock except the power cord and caps. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:26 PM, Sugartune said:

Now that it comes to mind, I was running that Orangutan Jr. of yours with a PRRI, and it was very sweet. Needed more headroom for what I was doing band-wise, so they had to move along....sad face emoji

Then you must wait for the reveal of my new acquisition this weekend. I must get back to yard work before I get busted. LOL Three Monkey and I discussed a custom amp that did not come to be, it was something they did not want to do. I came across another amp that I snagged for a bottom feeder price a month or so back. The builder of that amp, supplied a mod for it that put me in the ball park, of what I wanted to do with the OJR. 

Archived