Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Phantom A5 in Safari Yellow PRICE REDUCTION!

Hi all,

Finally letting this one go.  It's an '84 in Safari Yellow, Sustainblock vibrato and Hamerlock Schallers.  It's been around the block, but it plays and sounds great.  I'll miss having something so garish around, but I'm still trying to pare down post-divorce.  The case is non original and is fairly beat up (has a hole at the top, no danger to the guitar- it's likely a bass case) but, it'll protect it well for shipping.  Asking $OLD PP/FF plus actual shipping.  Link to local sale and pics here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/d/san-francisco-rare-hamer-phantom-a5-in/6909891857.html

01010_1OPnPTbrJWL_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, devrock said:

Post-divorce, that thing should land you a lot of tail on stage! (I’ll let myself out...)

I think you should keep it, and get a new matching pair of Zubaz pants to celebrate your freedom!  It's cheaper than a new convertible!  ;) B)

7 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

What aged tail? 

This is quite pertinent anymore.

I LOVE this guitar. But if I, personally, were to try to dress to match it...   let's just say I'd have an image of sex symbol 80s rockers running around a stage in my head when putting an outfit together, but the reality would look more like a middle aged man wearing the Bee Girl costume from that Blind Melon video. Ain't nobody wants to see that.

This guitar just needs to be played, unironically, as the lovely instrument it is.

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Start a Stryper tribute band.

Why?  Does anyone go to Stryper?

My friend had an Ace Freely tribute band that played a few weeks after Ace played the same venue, he drew a bigger crowd (than Ace) because all his friends and family came out to see him. 

8 hours ago, devrock said:

Post-divorce, that thing should land you a lot of tail on stage! (I’ll let myself out...)

My friend, let me tell you something, the older you get, the older they get. It will get to a point where one woman will land you a lot of tail.

Howard Stern once asked Joe Walsh, Man it’s so hard to believe you’ve been out there doing this for 50 years now. What is the biggest difference between performing now, and then to you? 

Joe replied “The size of the panties that are being thrown on stage...”

49 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

So how did that all work 50 years ago before cell phones?  Did they write their address on the panties? 

The human nose was vastly superior fifty years ago. Particularly in the male of the species.

- Cliff Clavin

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

My friend, let me tell you something, the older you get, the older they get. It will get to a point where one woman will land you a lot of tail.

Howard Stern once asked Joe Walsh, Man it’s so hard to believe you’ve been out there doing this for 50 years now. What is the biggest difference between performing now, and then to you? 

Joe replied “The size of the panties that are being thrown on stage...”

Well, this all makes perfect sense.  I guess I'll keep it and start Stryper tribute band called "The Bee's Knees".  No doubt plenty of women will come to that show, and nothing drops panties like a Phantom. 

...Hmmm, something about that doesn't sound right...

13 hours ago, JochenP said:

very cool!

the only mistake: its not located in Europe.. so out of my reach....

Well, I am traveling to Europe in July...

On 6/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Eli said:

Well, I am traveling to Europe in July...

Slight thread hijack, but I did once deliver a guitar to a European HFCer when I went on vacation. It was great to hang out, and it made the trip more memorable. So it can be done!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived