Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming !! Cool rare model Hamer

2 hours ago, Hamer_SS_guy said:

That blue non-trem 2HB Chaparral that has Glen Campbell's name on the headstock?

Needs a Kahler... or anything other than that Schaller monstrosity.

18 minutes ago, atomicwash said:

Thanks to Google and The Book, I’ve narrowed it down to about 1,672 possibilities. 

We need a hint!

well its only has 6 strings, some Boomerang inlays, & I doubt it ever belong to the late great Mr Campbell

8 minutes ago, bruce919 said:

well its only has 6 strings, some Boomerang inlays, & I doubt it ever belong to the late great Mr Campbell

Down to 350 possibilities!

9 hours ago, FGJ said:

I've never seen boomers with dots before. How's it sound? ... The guitar, not the fret markers...

It’s the “Deluxe” version - Alder body and EMGs, and the 2xBoomer fretboard.   Only did those for a short while.

It plays very good, other then a fretboard cleaning the guitar look like it left the factory last week. The the guitar sound more strat like then shredder , don’t know if it’s the alder body and or the EMGs. Always on the fence on EMGs , they have great articulate voice on clean to semi distorted tones , but when you crack up the gain the all sound the same . I’ll get a few more pics posted this weekend . It a great looker and player. It’s Gonna be around for a while. 

@cmatthes the serial number on this one is only 6 numbers away from your old Standard .

i had a 92 Cali deluxe in the black and gold granite finish . Sold it to another HFC’er in Chicago , wish I had not sold that one too. If you wanna sell it back let me know .

8 hours ago, bruce919 said:

@cmatthes the serial number on this one is only 6 numbers away from your old Standard .

• I kinda miss that one - my first custom-ordered Hamer!    Wonder where that is now?  I lost track...

My91Standard.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, cmatthes said:

It’s the “Deluxe” version - Alder body and EMGs, and the 2xBoomer fretboard.   Only did those for a short while.

The other cool feature on this particular model is the subtle scallops in the cutaways. I have two of 'em. A black cherry sparkle and a black sparkle with flakes that are more gold than silver.

Great score, Bruce.

-Bobby

On 6/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, cmatthes said:

Isn’t that the guitar Nick had here? If it is, I did play it. For some reason I didn’t like the lead tones I got from it on Nick’s amp. However, it produced a very modern rhythm sound, very dense and powerful. Congratulations!

Archived