Hamer Fan Club Message Center

thinking about selling my special p90

Im on the fence..  I love the guitar but I'm itching for a single p90.. I never use the neck pickup and I also want to try a wrap around bridge...   My special is a brown one.. (forgot its my avatar :) ) do those demand any more money..also the neck on mine is not thin .. its more of a medium C...  I'f I'm only gonna get $800 bucks after everything is said and done.. I think I'd rather just hang on to it.... which is probably what will happen....   what do you guys think?

Hang on to your Special.  If you do not want to use the neck pickup it does not mean you have to get rid of it.  You can still use the toggle switch for a kill switch effect. 

Buy a single pickup Special and play it for a year before deciding to sell off the one you have now. 

I have a 2018 SG junior.  Sold the first one.   Realized my mistake and found another one that was just as nice.     The 2019 stuff (lp and sg juniors and specials) are getting very good reviews.    The ones have seen have nice dark fretboards and nice fretwork.        Once they start getting discounted or hitting the used market they’ll be a very solid deal.   I’d say keep your eyes open.   Once you go wrap you can’t go back.   

Archived