Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just Stopping by.......

Any old time HFCr's still around? ....... a lot of whom I am friends with on Faceplant...... Still Rocking the Peso Pro...... in the studio.....  not for gigs..... Cheers Y'all

‘Sup?!

Not sure how old I’m considered. But, I’m still here (after a bit of a layoff as well)....

oh, and: hey, dude....

On 6/14/2019 at 1:44 PM, gtrdaddy said:

@pesocaster Dooood! Nice guitar-avatar!

Dibs.

Thanks...... it is my last remaining Hamer...... more of a tele guy these days...... It was a Custom order from 05-06-ish?!?!? 

pesopro.jpg

Just now, gtrdaddy said:

Seriously, if you sell it, I want it!

likely "Cold Dead Hands" ......... But If something changes...... It is quite possibly the finest guitar I have ever played..... and I have played it a LOT! 

4 hours ago, burningyen said:

Still stunning. Welcome back!

Thanks..... never really left...... was just on vacation.... ha ha ha ...... still building your own axes? 

We all take vacations... it' good to peek back in, though.

Ben's being modest. I have one of his things, and day by day it's sneaking up the leader board.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, polara said:

We all take vacations... it' good to peek back in, though.

Ben's being modest. I have one of his things, and day by day it's sneaking up the leader board.

That's awesome to hear. But in all seriousness, I'm keeping the Blue Smoke if it doesn't sell today. Birthday present to myself. :) 

38 minutes ago, burningyen said:

That's awesome to hear. But in all seriousness, I'm keeping the Blue Smoke if it doesn't sell today. Birthday present to myself. :) 

When's yer birthday? Mine was last Friday so that's been my rationalization for a lot of things. Blue Smoke looks like a winner.

Cracking the code on Golden Brown (the name it has)took:

1. Q Pickups brand P90s to get it the kind of mid-chime I like, and
  2. Fret Glo™ glow-in-the-dark position markers on the side. First gig with Golden Brown, I glanced at the normal markers while singing and sometimes missed the mark in dim light. Thew Fret Glos do stick up a bit as they are...well... stickers. But dim or bright, I can see them with just a peek when I hav to go from strumming a Gmaj to grabbing something at the 14th fret.

1 hour ago, polara said:

When's yer birthday?

Today! :) 

1 hour ago, polara said:

Cracking the code on Golden Brown (the name it has)took:

1. Q Pickups brand P90s to get it the kind of mid-chime I like, and
  2. Fret Glo™ glow-in-the-dark position markers on the side. First gig with Golden Brown, I glanced at the normal markers while singing and sometimes missed the mark in dim light. Thew Fret Glos do stick up a bit as they are...well... stickers. But dim or bright, I can see them with just a peek when I hav to go from strumming a Gmaj to grabbing something at the 14th fret.

Cool! I've thought about glow-in-the-dark material but am (probably irrationally) paranoid about working with it. It does make a lot of sense at gigs.

Archived