Hamer Fan Club Message Center

40 Years Ago On Don Kirshner's Rock Concert

BTMN

Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot are playing a show near me in July.  I just cannot buy a ticket. 

I saw the original band every time they came through locally except the first time, but they toured through here a LOT.  Those memories are still in my head just like they played a show yesterday.  The lineup changes were something we just went with until it just felt like it was over, and then it was.  Bobby Ingram and John Galvin were among those replacement members toward the end of the original run.  Now they are the legacy members.  Bobby is the only guitar player in the band at the moment.  There better be at least two when they do a show.  That original band had the magic that you only get with the right combination of members.  The Bobby Ingram version is not the same although the band has kept going under his leadership.  New albums, although not frequent, have kept Molly Hatchet from being a tribute act.  It is still too close to a tribute act for me.   

Blackfoot is just a name Rick Medlocke is letting a bunch of new guys use. 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:51 PM, Steve Haynie said:

Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot are playing a show near me in July.  I just cannot buy a ticket. 

I saw the original band every time they came through locally except the first time, but they toured through here a LOT.  Those memories are still in my head just like they played a show yesterday.  The lineup changes were something we just went with until it just felt like it was over, and then it was.  Bobby Ingram and John Galvin were among those replacement members toward the end of the original run.  Now they are the legacy members.  Bobby is the only guitar player in the band at the moment.  There better be at least two when they do a show.  That original band had the magic that you only get with the right combination of members.  The Bobby Ingram version is not the same although the band has kept going under his leadership.  New albums, although not frequent, have kept Molly Hatchet from being a tribute act.  It is still too close to a tribute act for me.   

Blackfoot is just a name Rick Medlocke is letting a bunch of new guys use. 

Considering that ALL of the original members have left us, Danny Joe Brown,  Dave Hlubek, Duane Roland, Banner Thomas, and Bruce Crump, there is NOTHING to be seen or heard under the Molly Hatchet name. To continue using the name for tour or new material is a farce and is not only disrespectful to the memory of the original members, but is disingenuous to fans. Bruce was a friend and the idea of a bunch of posers riding on the coat-tails of his memory, and that of the rest of the original members is just wrong.

MOLLY HATCHET: IBS

Steve Holland is still alive.

Bobby Ingram and John Galvin were in the Danny Joe Brown Band.  When DJB returned to Molly Hatchet Bobby and John came with him.  They rode out the last few years of the original run of Molly Hatchet.

4 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Steve Holland is still alive.

Didn’t Steve Holland leave the band in the late ‘80s? He’s not involved in this zombification is he? 

...I think I just made up a word?

The whole band left in the late 80's, one by one. 

Steve Holland was the first guitar player to go.  He left the opening for for Bobby Ingram.  Banner Thomas and Bruce Crump left at the same time.  Riff West replaced Banner.  B.B. Borden replaced Bruce for a while, but Bruce came back.  Dave Hlubek eventually left, leaving the band with two guitar players instead of three. 

Molly Hatchet had four really good years, then it went downhill. 

I'm going to add "zombification" to my lexicon of ten-dollar words, the use of which in writing makes me look more pseudo-intellectual. Thanky.

3 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

I'm going to add "zombification" to my lexicon of ten-dollar words, the use of which in writing makes me look more pseudo-intellectual. Thanky.

Just send me a link to the article featuring the new word 😉

Archived