Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: 1985 LED/Hockey Stick Vector

I recently had the privilege of acquiring this crazy-cool '85 Vector in candy apple red, with a hockey stick headstock and LEDs. It's seen its share of use, and has been well loved over the years... damn is my 13 year-old self stupid-happy! The LEDs make me smile every time!

IMG_0688.jpgIMG_0692.jpgIMG_0689.jpgIMG_0680.jpgIMG_0690.jpg

Just now, Keoghpjk said:

Don't worry, I noted your previous dibs in my records. But at this point, I'm enjoying the hell out of this one!

No need to get attached... Just get rid of it...😉

10 minutes ago, Keoghpjk said:

I'm just now getting her setup, but so far it's feeling pretty middle of the road, but just a tad on the thin side.

Thanks. Figured it was pretty close to my old ‘83 Vector which had a pretty flat carve on the thinner side. Only reason I ended up selling it. Well, that and I never could get on board with the paddle headstock on it  

Congrats on the find. Looks killer with that headstock. 

9 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

No need to get attached... Just get rid of it...😉

I was attached as soon as I opened the case, and even more as soon as these LEDs got fired up! My productivity at work is about to take a huge shit this week, because I can't stop staring at this one.

20 hours ago, tommy p said:

Is that painter's tape you use on your cases?

Yea, I'm borderline OCD and label my cases with painters tape and a sharpie. Then there's the spreadsheet, another slightly embarrassing piece of it all.

40 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Yup, I do the same as well... Sure beats opening multiple cases looking for one guitar~

The Rolling Stones do it (out of necessity). They have a place in Manhattan that they use to store all of their gear that they use here in the US for studio and tour. About 700 sq ft, floor to 12’ ceiling with gear. On the floor, they have guitars and basses stacked vertically around the perimeter of the room. There are two sets of steel shelving that  sit above all of the stringed instruments starting about 6’ off the ground that also runs the room’s perimeter. The shelving contains all sorts of gear, drums, amp heads, cabs and combos (I’ve never seen so many vintage 1950’s Fender amps all in one place), recording gear etc. The center of the room is filled with ATA cases and PA gear. 

Back to the stringed goods! All were labeled with Artist Tape and Sharpie. It is like a museum of rock history. I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon there and get the tour. Laying my hands on a couple of Keith’s 50s Teles, one of his 1960s OO Martins, a Les Paul that was left with the band that belonged to Mick Taylor, the list of gear is endless and just mind-boggling.  I had tingles up and down as I held and played these, wondering what songs and records these were used on.

But yeah, tape and Sharpie!

Almost forgot, Jagger keeps a real nice bicycle there that he uses when here. Can’t remember the make, either a Trek or Cannondale I think.

F-ing sweet! This ax so tempted me when it came up for sale. Even with my sordid history with another Vector!  It would've checked off two boxes - hockey stick head stock-ed V and LEDs.

Any thoughts on having the neck repair re-done?

19 hours ago, Keoghpjk said:

Yea, I'm borderline OCD and label my cases with painters tape and a sharpie. Then there's the spreadsheet, another slightly embarrassing piece of it all.

No razzing - I love the idea!  I'm going to do that myself.  I have right around 20 guitars and one LP or Hamer case looks just like another when they're all sitting in a rack.  I have a method for where they go, but I still grab the wrong one frequently enough that I need to label the cases.

And I have a spreadsheet that has them all listed, serial numbers, what I paid for them and where I got them, where they should be disposed of if I die (will to someone, sell on eBay, sell on Hamer forum, etc.), current value, etc.  Don't get me started on the organization of my closet, clothes drawers, and CDs.  I don't consider it OCD - just good organization.

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

And I have a spreadsheet that has them all listed, serial numbers, what I paid for them and where I got them, where they should be disposed of if I die (will to someone, sell on eBay, sell on Hamer forum, etc.), current value, etc.

That pretty much just like my spreadsheet! Glad I’m not the only one! I started mine (in a much simpler form) to turn in for my instruments’ insurance rider, and it grew from there.  

I think it was @Montelovesco who used old library cards as hanging tags on his cases. I grab airline luggage label tags at the airport and write down what’s inside, then put the elastic through the handle. 

Where inthe world did you find that hockey stick headstock Vector?  Too awesome!

33 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

I think it was @Montelovesco who used old library cards as hanging tags on his cases. I grab airline luggage label tags at the airport and write down what’s inside, then put the elastic through the handle. 

Where inthe world did you find that hockey stick headstock Vector?  Too awesome!

His pictures are gone from the thread.

I hate tape residue. Resorted to these.

spacer.png

I should start a spreadsheet. Or just sell a bunch of things.

That Vector is mega cool.

Archived