Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dave Mustaine has throat cancer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sorry to see this.  I consider Mustaine the most intelligent of all the Big 4 band members from his interviews and lyrics, and Megadeth is my favorite of those bands by a mile.  I only got to see them once, but it was in a tiny place in Richmond, VA in November of 1986 on the Peace Sells tour with Gar and Chris still in the band.  I was blown away!

I sincerely hope he's in that 90% that has success from the treatment.

Michael Douglas went through this, and it does have a pretty high success rate, even for advanced cases.

As others have said though, the treatment sucks, as do the after effects.

-  The radiation pretty much kills the bones in your head, so you really just have dead bone inside, especially with the jaw. you need to have any questionable teeth pulled before the radiation, and after you must see an oncologist before any dental work

-  your salivary glands get destroyed, so your mouth is always dry. Hopefully he only loses them on one side.

- radiation burns and other side effects from external beam radiation, depending on the location of the mass.

48 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Michael Douglas went through this, and it does have a pretty high success rate, even for advanced cases.

WORTH IT!!

tall-4.png

On 6/17/2019 at 11:11 AM, kizanski said:

Can we have some start ahead of us?

image.png

June 24th. We should have a 5-day countdown followed by a confetti-driven parade to celebrate Kiz's reinstatement.

I mean, how else do you honor a rediscovery of the meaning of life?

21 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

....how else do you honor a rediscovery with the meaning of life?

By gathering more Infraction Points, which I fully intend to do.  

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

By gathering more Infraction Points, which I fully intend to do.  

Keep your eyes on the prize!

grappige+afbeeldingen+militair.jpg

3 hours ago, pesocaster said:

what did you do? ..... make fun of some cork sniffer? 

Well, natch, but only after he caught an attitude (and @MCChris can back me up on this).
He was no match for me or Muse (and certainly not the both of us together), so he called us names (a practice strictly verboten on TGP, because grown-ass men need to be protected from us heartless bullies), complained and got us suspended - lol.

All because he wanted to return a parts-o-caster Tele that he bought and the neck had shifted in the neck pocket so the strings were no longer centered over the fret board.
No less than 10 people tod him to loosen the neck screws, give the headstock a shot toward the bass side and re-tighten, but he was so Hell-bent on being a whiny man-child that he wanted to return the guitar and ding the seller's feedback.

When he argued that he bought the guitar because he wanted it to be "worry-free" or "gig-ready" (I can't recall the moronic term he attempted to attach to a fucking parts Tele), lots of people pointed out what a huge deal he was making out of nothing.

Of course, the thread is gone now, so clearly it was worth it - lol.

Sorry for the thread derail, so here's more CZJ:

v1uAx2A.gif

catherine_zeta_jones.jpg907e3f49f84467f3aa72f4a51c2dded4.jpg

catherine-zetajones-during-the-legend-of

On 6/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, Thundernotes said:

I thought it was Irritable Bowel Syndrome 

I did too.  It took me WAY longer than I'd care to admit to figure it out.

Sucks about Dave M.  Good vibes sent.  I dug them as a kid and loved his early Metallica stuff.  My favorite early "WTF" moment was hearing Megadeth's song that's the same music for the Four Horsemen:  http://thelearnedfangirl.com/2013/06/loud-moments-in-metal-law-historyfourhorsemenvmechanix/

On 6/19/2019 at 4:57 PM, kizanski said:

Well, natch, but only after he caught an attitude (and @MCChris can back me up on this).
He was no match for me or Muse (and certainly not the both of us together), so he called us names (a practice strictly verboten on TGP, because grown-ass men need to be protected from us heartless bullies), complained and got us suspended - lol.

All because he wanted to return a parts-o-caster Tele that he bought and the neck had shifted in the neck pocket so the strings were no longer centered over the fret board.
No less than 10 people tod him to loosen the neck screws, give the headstock a shot toward the bass side and re-tighten, but he was so Hell-bent on being a whiny man-child that he wanted to return the guitar and ding the seller's feedback.

When he argued that he bought the guitar because he wanted it to be "worry-free" or "gig-ready" (I can't recall the moronic term he attempted to attach to a fucking parts Tele), lots of people pointed out what a huge deal he was making out of nothing.

Of course, the thread is gone now, so clearly it was worth it - lol.

Sorry for the thread derail, so here's more CZJ:

v1uAx2A.gif

As Kizanski observed yesterday, I've built up quite a resume over there:

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 12.57.36 PM.png

Yeah, I didn't get suspended (because the altercation went to private e-mail), but I'm hated by many over at TGP because they banned Matte Henderson.  He insulted everyone he could under the guise of being smarter, a better player, Fripp's student and some other totally irrelevant accolades.  He's one that thinks a keyboard gives him the right to insult anyone.  Via e-mail, I invited him to see how that might go in person.  Like it was recess, he ran to the "teacher" at TGP and told on me.  They told him there was nothing they could do about e-mails outside their system.  He blew up and they canned him.  I've even asked them to reinstate him.  He's a sewing injury (a insignificant little prick).

I do have to keep in the game over there.  I find some great guitars at great prices these days.  And the economy is good.  Go figure.

6 minutes ago, The Shark said:

He's a sewing injury (a insignificant little prick).

That sums it up right there.

You automatically know all you need to know about him the second you see the "e" at the end of Matte.  Pretentious fuck.

16 minutes ago, kizanski said:

That sums it up right there.

You automatically know all you need to know about him the second you see the "e" at the end of Matte.  Pretentious fuck.

http://www.mattemusic.com/about-matte

we assure you Henderson is an upstanding citizen

Henderson fought the good fight to bring you this record. Hard drive crashes, fickle record labels, and yes, management and publicity weenies all dared to try to step in between you and this disc. With steely resolve, he managed to get it into your hands right now. So, don't even think about tossing it on the pile with all that other bullshit

A true hero, by his own account. 

spacer.png

Archived