Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lita Ford Guitars

This whole thing sounds a little off. 

Lita Ford is offering replicas of Salt and Pepper. 

Here is the odd part.  The guitars are supposed to be real Hamers that have been modified to look like Lita's guitars.  From the web site we have this

Lita’s “Salt” Guitar Reissue finds new home at Kiss Expo

“As far as I’m concerned, this will be the last White Hamer Reissue that I will be making for a long time”, says Jim Cara, the builder of Lita’s Reissues from original Hamer Guitars.

Luckily that guitar went to a deserving new owner at the May 2019, Kiss Expo in Indianapolis.   Lita Ford entertained the owner with plenty of personal time and a private jam session, while explaining the history of the Legendary White Hamer Standard that was a staple in the Runaways tours. Lita signed the guitar and several pieces of memorabilia to make this a truly unique experience.

Cara said regarding the White guitar ” Hamer never made a White Standard with Black Binding, the only one was custom for Lita back in 1976.  In order to make the replicas, I have to find vintage Hamer Standards , then convert the guitars to the Specifications of Litas”

Look at the prices of the guitars being sold.  $4000 and $4500.  To buy an old Standard then do work on it, like a refinish, those prices seem suspicious.  A refin would drop the price of a four digit Standard.  A more recent Standard could be bought and reworked within those prices, but it would not be the same. 

Note that the "Pepper" "repro" pictured has a three-screw truss rod cover and frets that overlap the fingerboard binding.

That guy is a lying POS.  He has a HORRIBLE reputation, and is well known in the area as being fully of shit, but loves to toot his own horn about his connections to KISS, etc.  

Those guitars are clearly Chinese imports, and when I asked him about it, he denied it.  His ad copy is intentionally misleading, if not fraudulent.

Yipes. What a slimy operation disguised as, "promotion." I mean, thumbs up for the dude who won the guitar'n'all, but, the "builder's" claim about re-working vintage Hamers is horse hockey. I can't tell from the photos, but did he manage to get a, "U.S.A", next to the Hamer logo?

10 minutes ago, RobB said:

Yipes. What a slimy operation disguised as, "promotion." I mean, thumbs up for the dude who won the guitar'n'all, but, the "builder's" claim about re-working vintage Hamers is horse hockey. I can't tell from the photos, but did he manage to get a, "U.S.A", next to the Hamer logo?

Yes - he shaves down the headstock and slaps a "USA" decal on there, and claims that they're "vintage, USA-made Hamers"...which they're not.

7 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Yes - he shaves down the headstock and slaps a "USA" decal on there, and claims that they're "vintage, USA-made Hamers"...which they're not.

Dang. What a choad. Dang...

Any possibility some are blitz models? It seems very unlikely that they have any type of source for original USA Hamer Standards, especially at the prices they command, unless they had broken headstocks or the crap beaten out of them. This smells like a big can of snake oil, which I can still smell even with this horrible head cold.

47 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Any possibility some are blitz models? It seems very unlikely that they have any type of source for original USA Hamer Standards, especially at the prices they command, unless they had broken headstocks or the crap beaten out of them. This smells like a big can of snake oil, which I can still smell even with this horrible head cold.

The Blitz had beveled edges on the body.  It could not be turned into a bound Standard.  The hockey stick headstock is not common on a Blitz, but some were made that way. 

Even if a 90's Hamer USA Standard were considered "vintage" it would be expensive.  A refin would be an added cost.  The headstock would be wrong.  12th fret dots would not be correct. 

Damn, I truly appreciate Lita's talent and music coupled with the fact that she's rocked Hamer's over the years. 

RESPECT.

But if she is even remotely aware of this guys douchebaggery - she needs to work really hard at distancing herself from him.

JMHO.

4 minutes ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

But if she is even remotely aware of this guys douchebaggery - she needs to work really hard at distancing herself from him.

My guess is she doesn’t have a clue. Con artists can be very believable.

10 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

There is not the remotest chance in Hell.

The body shapes are all wrong, the headstocks, even on the shaved down XTs he uses, are wrong.  He is getting some (maybe most) made overseas, just like the other shitty-looking "original" Carlino designs.  

The last picture is of the Lita Ford,  if you look at the distance from the last tuning machine to the tip it’s clear that they’re XT’s

6FE6E8FE-FCA9-413A-9F63-15E2DB05F88D.jpeg

965F84E8-845D-471E-8B9F-52F8F88B350F.jpeg

35EE48C9-B5B0-431B-B6FC-139728E907FE.jpeg

Ugh, the more I read this, the more sick I feel. So many shelling out money for what they think is something it isn't. Why does it seem that there are so many douchenozzles in the guitar world?

Archived