Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Ting Ho Dung

KALEO Discovered

I have been so sick this past week. Been glued to my bed or office chair with a Rhinovirus attacking my body. So I've done a lot of streaming. Found this kid. Seems full of talent. Good lookin' kid too. 

I was laying down and letting YouTube stream along when this came on and got me up to check it out. Hope you like it.

So I checked out more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ting Ho Dung I like what I’m hearing. I never heard of them. I looked them up, they’re an Icelandic band! Thanks for sharing! Check this info out:

From Wikipedia:

Kaleo (stylized as KALEO) is an Icelandic blues/rock band that formed at Mosfellsbær in 2012. It consists of lead vocalist and guitarist JJ Julius Son (Jökull Júlíusson), drummer David Antonsson, bassist Daniel Kristjansson, and lead guitarist Rubin Pollock. They have released two studio albums, Kaleo (2013) and A/B (2016), as well as an EP, Glasshouse(2013). A/B has sold over one million albums worldwide. One of the singles from A/B, "Way Down We Go", was certified platinum in the US[1] and reached number one on the BillboardAlternative Songs chart on 20 August 2016.[2]Kaleo received a Grammy nomination in 2017 for Best Rock Performance for the song "No Good".[3]

• Thanks 1

I saw KALEO nearly two years ago now in Hamburg when they opened for the Rolling Stones on the very first night of the current 'No Filter' tour. They were really good and got a positive reaction from the audience which is not bad for a relatively unknown band in a notoriously difficult opening slot...

• Like 2