Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Hey guys!

Rob from Ottawa here. After a bit of a hiatus (still I was lurking, ha) I've reset my account ready to post again. Thanks for Chris for the quick help getting me up and running!

The Shiskov stuff has been amazing to look at, and you guys still crack me up with your grumpy wit and deep guitar knowledge. Plus weird snake related/smoking up stories. :)

What's new with me? I'm married! I can't remember if I was posting much by the time I got married, which was 2 years ago now. Happy to report that we've made it that far and have not killed each other. (not that she hasn't wanted to).

Music wise: I'm still playing with the indie-rock band. We recorded a 6 song ep last year, and we're finishing up another batch of 6. You can check it out here if interested:

https://thesonicdefense.bandcamp.com/

Folks that like "rawk" probably won't be into it too much, but if 90s style indie-rock is up your alley you might like it. Kind of a Tragically Hip meets REM vibe. 

Gear wise I'm still rocking the silver Hamer all mahogany studio I bought from Toadroller, love that baby! I've put some additional natural relicing at it, dropped it a few times and shows and still rocking.

I crossed over to the dark side of solid state: Boss Katana 100. I'll admit the clean is not the 100% best I've heard, but it gets the job done. The overdrive sounds with pedals is awesome, any pedal sounds great through it. Currently for dirt using a Barber Tone Pump EQ, goosing it with a DS-1. Sometimes EHX nano fuzz.

Also just recently picked up a Vox Delaylab, really wacky stuff, but really solid "normal" delay sounds as well.

Happy to be back! :)

20 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Does your wife have understanding, compassion, and empathy for that malady known as GAS?  That is what is most important right now.

Ha! We worked out a budget arrangement, a shared pot of money for expenses and a certain amount a month that we can spend no questions asked.

So yeah, she teases me about all my pedals, but she tolerates it. :)

6 hours ago, sonic1974 said:

Ha! We worked out a budget arrangement, a shared pot of money for expenses and a certain amount a month that we can spend no questions asked.

So yeah, she teases me about all my pedals, but she tolerates it. :)

Me and Mrs do the same.  Never had an argument over money and we've been married almost 20 years. Congratulations on the marriage, the EP, and your return to the fam.

16 minutes ago, HamerDave said:

Me and Mrs do the same.  Never had an argument over money and we've been married almost 20 years. Congratulations on the marriage, the EP, and your return to the fam.

Same.   Nope.  Same.

Welcome back Rob! I just thought you weren‘t gone.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, sonic1974 said:

Gear wise I'm still rocking the silver Hamer all mahogany studio I bought from Toadroller, love that baby!

Ah, my first Hamer USA.  It was exemplary of the breed and led to many more.  Keep rocking her!

22 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Ah, my first Hamer USA.  It was exemplary of the breed and led to many more.  Keep rocking her!

It's still going strong! I've put quite a bit of "natural relicing" on it then when I bought it. 

Perfect neck for me. Slightly heavy but it's not the end of the world.

Love it. 😎😎

On 6/26/2019 at 9:02 PM, Bloozguy said:

Welcome back! Just bought the album off Bandcamp and I really like it. Watching for volume 2...

Thanks man!! 😎👍 V2 coming in October. 

Archived