Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ohio Guitar Show: Anyone going?

3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Behave yourself. You don’t need to be going there. You, just last week, finally got everything figured out!

The wife said, she and the girls wanted a pool day at the hotel and I should get out. LOL  I did pretty darn good at the Chicago Show, I bought a Red Fang Alnico new in the box for $50. and that was it. 

I don't really care for the new place.. It is way too crowded and condensed.. I loved the other place it used to be at by Easton..

On 6/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, tomteriffic said:

You should be sick of that Red Fang by now.  Drop it off on your way to the show.

Not going to happen, I bought an amp and that speaker landed in it. I am not a fan of Alnico speakers in general except for the Celestian Blue. But the Red Fan kills, its still have wonderful highs and, tight lows, with the character of the Alnico Speaker. 

The Eminence Private Jack, used the same cone, same frame, with slightly different doping. it sounds just a bit tighter and brighter. 

Anyway, we are headed into Columbus shortly. If anyone is going to be there give me a shout. 

I had fun and come out with all my money. I did meet Chris O'Dee from Retro Guitars who turned out to be a cool guy. He had a couple things tucked behind the booth that I was able to put my hands on. If anyone has been following him on Facebook his stuff is really nice. The Aged LP and Korina V both had spank to them. Very lively and the fit and finish is what you expect of a quality build. Some good deals to be had on Black Face Fenders Amps. Prices were fair on other stuff, the humor was in some of the asking prices of the stuff coming off the street. That is pretty normal. 

Couple of Hamer Guitars, but nothing that would make me lay out any cash. Brandonwound Pickups, had some nice offerings with discounted show prices. 

I'm super cautious about purchasing anything at the moment, i'm pretty focused on looking for one item on my list that I thought the Charvel would fill its void, but I guess not 

Archived