Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar you wish Hamer had made?

14 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

There were all mahogany Specials, Blitzes, Vectors, Standards, etc., some of which have had the mahogany grain show through the finish, so why would a sinking finish on a carved mahogany top be a problem? 

Every Hamer that had a plain mahogany back would have had that "problem", if that was Jol's line of logic.  Pore filler is supposed to minimize that, but even pore filler can shrink and sink somewhat over time (ask Stike, he'll know).  Gibson made CS LP Customs in all mahogany with an 'arched' top (like the original '50's LP Customs) frequently, both in opaque and transparent finishes, and likely still do.  I can't imagine what Jol's argument was for NOT doing it, other than he was just being Jol, as usual.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, hamerhead said:

If Hamer built a Les Paul - not a Monaco, but a dimensionally correct Custom/Standard/Deluxe LP - it would have been the greatest guitar ever. I always wanted a Les Paul built by Hamer.

They built TWO, actually.

I may or may not know where a prototype body is for those...

17 hours ago, hamerhead said:

If Hamer built a Les Paul - not a Monaco, but a dimensionally correct Custom/Standard/Deluxe LP - it would have been the greatest guitar ever. I always wanted a Les Paul built by Hamer.

We made one.  Still had the Hamer headstock and stressed neck.  Frank Rindone was the last owner from what I know.  It didn’t sound like a Les Paul.  I blamed the neck. 

Mahogany Vector, Old School 90's Aztec Gold, Two P90's, Tort Guard. Everything else that i've wanted, i've had mad scientist mash up for me. Team Shishkov is working on two of my twisted creations. I've been thinking about finding someone to build me that V. 

I really like this guitar! but what a price!....................no idea what it sold for but his guitars are highly regarded. A  Hamer "Sunburst" clone? I guess Hamer DID make this guitar after all ...................that is they got there first. ;) https://reverb.com/item/2034412-gustavsson-custom-made-guitar

Hamer “Arlington Series”    Vintage nitro reissue series.  Here’s my tag line.      “From a time before bad things happened to good guitars”.         But then FMIC would have gotten their grimy mitts on it and screwed it up.   

On 6/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, hamerhead said:

The Triple Threats were really close to a true Les Paul spec, except for the double cutaway.

My impossible dream Hamer is a Triple Threat Deluxe - with mini humbuckers and a goldtop/darkback finish. Or maybe a Triple Threat Custom - with 7 ply binding, ebony finish and gold hardware. Or just a regular Triple Threat without the hideous victory inlays.

6 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

The Triple Threats were really close to a true Les Paul spec, except for the double cutaway.

My impossible dream Hamer is a Triple Threat Deluxe - with mini humbuckers and a goldtop/darkback finish. Or maybe a Triple Threat Custom - with 7 ply binding, ebony finish and gold hardware. Or just a regular Triple Threat without the hideous victory inlays.

Why do you hate Victory?

On 6/22/2019 at 12:21 PM, Never2Late said:

A guitar the 'new crop' of Punk/Metal guitarists can't live without....something that would have kept the line moving, and made the company loads of profit.  ANYTHING that would have had Fender re-thinking their decision to shutter the company. 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, gtrdaddy said:

A jazz-box size Improv with two low output humbuckers.

It's like you guys are the same person.

;)

3 hours ago, sixesandsevens said:

It's like you guys are the same person.

;)

I suppose LOL. My suggestion has more to do with my own proclivities than a hypothetical Hamer that would have saved the company. In fact if they had made my suggestion a catalog offering, one might correctly opine that the doors at Hamer would’ve been shuttered much more quickly.

"...a scaled-down Strat-style body
With the feel of a Les Paul

Deep cutaways, no pickguard
And a couple of chromebuckers:
Full shred!

Stiff neck, brass nut and an ebony fingerboard
Ball's deluxe!"

On 6/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, kizanski said:

I blame Jol.

He ruined everything.

That would be ironic as as founder no? 

I think when he returned he was a different person and that did not gel with what we wanted from Hamer, but ultimately (nice pun huh?) Bill Kaman was the ka-MAN (gotta you again!). 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, hamerhead said:

Any pictures of that around? I'd love to see it.

I've got a shot around of this one at the bottom of a pile of bodies/forms at the New Hartford shop from almost 20 years ago.

HamerKorinaLPbody.jpg

On 6/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, hamerhead said:

Didn't they actually make one, well almost? Everything but the neck angle?

Think I read that here. Or maybe I'm making shit up by mistake! 😅 

Oops, should have read whole thread before replying. 😂😂

On 6/24/2019 at 2:20 PM, BadgerDave said:

The triple threats had the Gibson headstock angle eh?

Archived