Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Show some single cut love

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another overseas brand that tends to get overlooked......Fibenare makes some nice SCs. The second being a (sort of) jazz take on a "Krautster II".

Fibenare.jpgFibenare Basic Jazz Rahan.jpg

This one doesn't suck...

WayCoolJunior.jpg

Okay, Greg G referenced the Huber Orca. At risk of getting too far into guitar pron, here are a handful (past and present).

orca 6.jpgOrca new.jpgHuber Orca Redwood2.jpgHuber Orca 59 Quilt 7.jpgHuber Orca Korina.jpg

Hard to pick a favorite, but the redwood topped one is super light and has a really unique tone.

If Buck Owens was still around, would he be twanging something like this?

palir-titan-guitar-american-guitar-double-bound-2.jpg

On 6/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Jeff R said:

Shameless promotion ... Swamp ash/roasted maple "double Thinline" (hollow on the treble side too) mad creation from my shop. That's a Stike finish ... "Gretsch orange" with Custom-like double faux binding. Man, my buddy Seth really makes it shine. Those are TV Jones Starwoods. 6 pounds, three ounces and that's with a solid bell brass sustain block in its behind (the guitar, not Seth).

Holy crap.      WANT.

I just realized I didn't have any photos of my current single-cut acoustic. Here it is in all of its early-to-mid '50's glory. No reinforcement in the neck, just a baseball bat sized plank of flame maple to complement the birdseye maple veneer on the back. From the days when Kay was riding high.

fullsizeoutput_42a.jpeg

If y'all can put up with one more post, I saved my two favorites for last......Singlecuts do not have to necessarily be in the shorter scale. These 25.5" versions just work for me, pretty much better than anything that came before.
Huber Dolphin.JPGHuber_Redwood_Dolphin_Tigereye_Sunburst_Korina.jpg

Ol' Blue (Dolphin) just knows what to do, every time I pick 'er up, WAY before I know what I want to do. The Redwood (korina body and neck) is a really light weight version based upon the Dolphin formula, but chambered and with "the voice of the angels". Far removed from the prettiest or priciest, but they are the ones that would break my heart to lose. (Note that my Shishkov is also to die for, but it is a doublecut!)

Archived