Hamer Fan Club Message Center

gibson double cutaway

sorry my bad they're called 'double cut' not double cutaway - they had 2 others as well as this one when i looked earlier

https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/gibson/gibson-custom-shop-guitars/gibson-custom-shop-modern-double-cut-standard-metallic-alien-green-nh-mdcspsl11101cs701539

Those might be good if someone else made them because guitar players only want the traditional Gibson models.  I would like to try out that new Gibson Modern Double Cut.  The only thing wrong is that it is new, so the body looks weird right now. 

yes the one I'd originally seen was nicer looking with a flame maple top and a red-yellow sunburst reduced from about £3600 to £2399. They certainly weren't shy with the original prices.  I thought the cutaways looked slightly PRS-ish

On 6/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, kizanski said:

I don't hate it.  The Firebird head stock would have gone better with the body, though, imo.

337509-Gibson-Modern-Double-Cut-Standard

Verily, verily. A 22-fret neck would have made for a better looking product, as well. 

57 minutes ago, crunchee said:

That's a 'Henry J.' era design, isn't it?  

Henry J era design by Mean Gene. It’s close but it’s not exact. I think that Gibson definitely took inspiration from it. Gibson’s got balls suing people of theft of intellectual property LOL.

59 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Like this?

fNftEna.jpg

j5hNFDk.jpg

Not quite, this model B3:

410BEFCC-85A3-412F-8015-BC6C511A2D22.jpeg

5D831879-1AF4-45E2-A7AD-4AAF6D048665.jpeg

0AE15189-932B-4C22-AB7B-E7168C0B1986.jpeg

2 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I'm not a fan of the changes he made.  That large upper horn just makes me want to carry it around by it.

Give me my guitar back.

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

Give me my guitar back.

You offered to give me lots of money before.  Now, just give it to you? 

The only man on the Hamer Forum with a vested interest in my demise is Kiz.  The wife knows what to do...

31 minutes ago, The Shark said:

The only man on the Hamer Forum with a vested interest in my demise is Kiz.  The wife knows what to do.

THAT, is the funniest damn thing I’ve read here in a long time!!!!!!

...over a black R8!

:lol:

Archived