Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dana_V

On 4/25/2020 at 1:38 PM, ArnieZ said:

Stunning!! the quilts really lends  themselves to darker colors with this process.

IMG_2704 (2).JPG with this process.

It's looking exceptional!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delivery on Sunday. Unthinkable in Germany.

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

We pay extra money for Sunday delivery in the USA.  It is not normal. 

Neither is Mike S. 
He goes to great lengths to avoid having his masterpieces sit around on FedEx trucks, in shipping warehouses, or anywhere they might not be handled as precious cargo.
So, if it means springing for Sunday delivery or driving the guitar to your house, that's what it takes.

Congrats to your black transparent Shishkov! Looks fantastic!

(It made me smile to see it reminds me a bit of my 07' Hamer Studio Custom  🙂 )

Sisters: 2017 Shishkov Ultimate #0063 and 2020 Shishkov DC Custom #0092.

1100 Shish 92 Shishkov Sisters

Cousins: the concept was to do a super-upgraded version of my beloved 1981 Hamer Special. I think he succeeded.

1110 Shish 92 Blackie 1 and 2

There is nothing not to love about that one!  

CONGRATS!

Shishkov #0092 b.jpg

Shishkov #0092 c.jpg

Shishkov #0092.jpg

4 hours ago, scottcald said:

Damn, that top is so 3D it looks like some movie CGI.  

Pretty much!

6 hours ago, soli'd said:

@Dana_V Is that one of the recent MannMade sustain block bridges?

No, it's an NOS Hamer I got from Kim Keller in 2018; he was selling it on Reverb. The description read, "Lovingly assembled from original factory parts by, well, me. These were built on the later casting from the Talladega, but the mounting holes and string centers are the same."

I did order a bridge from MannMade, but I'm saving it for my next Shishkov. 😉

6 hours ago, Dana_V said:

No, it's an NOS Hamer I got from Kim Keller in 2018; he was selling it on Reverb. The description read, "Lovingly assembled from original factory parts by, well, me. These were built on the later casting from the Talladega, but the mounting holes and string centers are the same."

I did order a bridge from MannMade, but I'm saving it for my next Shishkov. 😉

I like the way you think. 

did you have the build Considerate of the inherent brightness of the sustain block bridge? Chambered body, different pickup magnets/wind, etc?

if it sounds half as good as it looks it’ll be an absolute winner. Congrats, man. 

24 minutes ago, Travis said:

I like the way you think. 

did you have the build Considerate of the inherent brightness of the sustain block bridge? Chambered body, different pickup magnets/wind, etc?

if it sounds half as good as it looks it’ll be an absolute winner. Congrats, man. 

No chambered body, but all of those things were taken into consideration when it came to the pickups.

I explained to Josh what it was going to be - maple over solid mahogany with a sustain block bridge - and I was looking for something along the lines of the original DiMarizos used by Hamer or the DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF. He wound the pickups accordingly and nailed it (the guy's a genius, I tell ya).

Compared to The Standard By Which All Are Judged - my beloved '81 Special (original neck pickup / 36th Anniversary bridge) - the new Shish is little brighter in the neck and has a little more bite in the bridge. Both of which are fine with me. It's really resonant, even when it's not plugged in.

It looks, sounds and feels fantastic. I haven't been able to put it down since it got here.

Thank you Dana. I love that top (!) and the trans-black really sets it off. Pure class. To clarify, the pickups are pretty much straight up early Di'Hamer clones with a slightly adjusted neck wind to pull out some of the woofy low-mid bloat that is common with some of the original specimens to make it balance better with the bridge pos. Beyond that small tweak tho, it's a dead-on accurate build right down to the brass frames and ferrous steel bobbin mounting screws. Congrats, and rock forth!

29 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Just watched the video - the quilt just keeps getting deeper. Fantastic.

Careful man!  That one'll pull you under!

• 2 months later...

For those not on Facebook (or Instagram), here's what I posted to the Shishkov group yesterday. Sparklez & Smokey.

Played a block party this weekend and finally got to bring 0092 out of the house and rehearsal studio.

Guitars 090620.jpg

5 hours ago, Dana_V said:

For those not on Facebook (or Instagram), here's what I posted to the Shishkov group yesterday. Sparklez & Smokey.

Played a block party this weekend and finally got to bring 0092 out of the house and rehearsal studio.

Guitars 090620.jpg

And?

Archived