Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: A Very Sentimental Phantom A5

While perusing Reverb over the weekend this beautiful green Phantom A5 caught my eye. I've always had a soft spot for the 6 in-line headstock version, and I'd pretty much decided I had to have it, but as I began to read the listing's description I realized this was an old friends guitar. He passed away a few years ago, and not long after his window sold a number of his guitars to help cover lingering medical expenses. Unfortunately, I had moved away around the same time and missed that opportunity to help. I'm happy to finally have this not only for sentimental reasons, but because it's a badass Phantom. It's just as it was ordered it in '84. That's a Dimarzio MegaDrive in the bridge position, and an extra mini coil split switch for it. This pickup just works like charm in this guitar. Plus, that green! I do find it odd that it has the Hamerlock tuners with the Kahler locking nut as well.

IMG_0704.jpgIMG_0705.jpgIMG_0706.jpg

34 minutes ago, Keoghpjk said:

I do find it odd that it has the Hamerlock tuners with the Kahler locking nut as well.

The primary function of locking tuners is to expedite string changes, not to maintain tuning stability (although they help with that too).

Archived