Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Studio Custom with Pickgard?

That's not how it came. No way the factory would add a black pickguard and cream rings.  Someone got a wild hair up their ass, bought a shitty guard off of Guitar Fetish, and drilled a screw hole in an otherwise lovely piece of flamed maple.

I wonder if the screwed it up putting those phatcats in and had to cover up the scar.

Amazing looking guitar and KOA back and neck - yowza.   

From what I could read on the COA it don't say nuttin' about no damn pick guard.

And it surely would have that fugly mess listed right there - if it was somehow custom ordered maybe when Jol was drunk?

But my hunch is NO.

"Luthier Certified Performance"?  Looks more like "Luther (not 'Luthier') Modified Guitar".  Some people should never be allowed around tools.  Especially when it comes to needlessly installing pickguards and stupidly devaluing guitars:

Good memory on the Gretsch green colored Newport. 

Pick-guards "similar" yes, but not really the same.  In my opinion, its like comparing a Porsche 914 and 911??  The Newport pick-guard was completely hand sized and shaped it to fit that guitar and color matched the rest of the guitar.   They made that pick-guard work and it looked cool (to me).   This one isn't making the trip for me.  YMMV.

I vetted that guitar directly with Kim as a custom ordered, factory leftover, who verified its build specs and origin.  That was near the end for Hamer - so no COA.  If I recall correctly Mike built that Newport. 

25 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

If I catch the guy that did that well..................................................SIYjfhK.gif

You left out a comma, it changes the meaning...even if mounting the pickguard WAS done well, the pickguard still has the same effect as a turd in the punch bowl.

IF you wanted a pickguard on it, tortoise would be a better choice in my opinion. To each their own.  

Assuming the pick guard is not original, what would a reasonable price be? Other than tree fiddy.  The top and Brazilian board would typically be adders.

6 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Totally unnecessary, aesthetically incongruent, and generally undermines the design...like fender skirts on a muscle car.

spacer.png

Now that IS strange!miPvBnz.gif

Archived