Hamer Fan Club Message Center

MUsic Man Albert Lee HH

So, I have a bunch of reverb bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I picked up a nice Albert Lee.

Why Punk Why?   :)  When you mostly just play your Diablo???

Well, once a long time ago in a galaxy far away, my local guitar shop had one for sale and I thought it was the best guitar in the store. When I went back to get it, it was sold.

Anyone have any experience with these guitars?  

mm .jpg

I had one for a couple years. Sort of a "Swiss Army Knife" guitar with the switching system. Real comfortable with the compact body and solid rosewood neck. When I beat this cancer I will definitely try to buy it back.

I've always admired the Alvin Lee body style, along with most of the Music Man catalog- especially the Armada and the St. Vincent (I'm pretty sure I'll pick one up some day).  Glad you got what you were searching for!

I think Music Man has some of the better original body styles. It's hard coming up with something different that isn't strange, but they've managed to come up with some cool styles. I personally really like the retro vibe of the Albert Lee body. Congrats on the NGD.

Congrats! I had one for a few years as well. Very comfortable and easy playing guitar. I think the solid rosewood neck with the khaya body sounds great. The switching is interesting too, with the 2nd and 4th positions splitting the inside and outside coils.

spacer.png

Those are really nice guitars. I was on the hunt for one when I picked up the Luke III I have now, with the Rosewood neck.

I know the original St. Vincent models had rosewood necks due to her liking the neck on the albert lee HH she uses so much.

One of the coolest concert shots I've ever been fortunate enough to snap (caveat---I'd rather have the two HB hardtail variant, w/ a maple 'board).:

Albert Lee---Burton concert-LO.jpg

That's a great shot. Looks like he's doing at Satch-type thing with the trem bar.

I like the s/s/s AL models. They are harder to find than the h/h models, but I ain't giving up. I've got four guitars coming up for sale soon, so I owe it to myself to get at least one in return, right? Am I right?

17 hours ago, Punkavenger said:

if you need a guitar let me know. I have a Warmoth Tele I'm not playing

Thank you so much Mark. I still have a few guitars around to play, but I have had to move quite a few to pay medical expenses and otherwise make ends meet. Certain ones just sting a little when I think about not having them around anymore😭

3 hours ago, RobB said:

I like the s/s/s AL models. They are harder to find than the h/h models, but I ain't giving up. I've got four guitars coming up for sale soon, so I owe it to myself to get at least one in return, right? Am I right?

The first two I had were the "Dargie Delight" models with three MM90 pickups. Great sounding, but still less versatile (IMHO) than the HH configuration with the special switching. It was interesting to find out that Albert had never seen one of them when he autographed mine!

IMAG0109.jpgIn

Congrats on the new guitar! The Albert Lee HH is really cool!

I had hardtail one for a few years. It was great for heavy tones, lots of the fundamental, not a lot of overtones. Really liked the feel of the all rosewood neck! I ended up trading it for a killer Fulton-Webb amp and cab.

Still have an Albert Lee SSS... It’s my favorite Strat, and I’ve been through a lot of them. 

The departed HH...

spacer.png

And the SSS...

spacer.png

Archived