Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Flame Top Newport Pro for sale on FB - The last USA Hamer Made?

SO FULL OF SHIT.

The last Hamer released came WELL after 2008.  They were actively taking orders through December, 2012, and the last complete Hamer guitar (I believe it was either a Standard or a Flamebodied Cali...will have to check) was serial @456444  (maybe 456445).  The last serial number stamped in the shop was 456449.

16 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

SO FULL OF SHIT.

The last Hamer released came WELL after 2008.  They were actively taking orders through December, 2012, and the last complete Hamer guitar (I believe it was either a Standard or a Flamebodied Cali...will have to check) was serial @456444  (maybe 456445).  The last serial number stamped in the shop was 456449.

I seem to remember it being the flame top (and back?) Cali.

I know the seller; he plays in an Irish band with the bassist from my country project and the bassist texted me earlier today about this one. The seller worked for KMC and the guitar was shipped to him after Fender shut down Hamer.  I don't have the book of face, but the serial number I got in the photos was 8561nn but it seems that is a couple hundred before the final builds.  Without knowing what else got shipped after Hamer closed, I can't say whether or not it was the last one out.  I heard there were a couple partial Hamers in the warehouse that the Ovation guys were looking after - not sure what ever became of them though.

Still a nice looking guitar from the photos I got.  Based on what I saw, 2K seems reasonable and I have no idea what the list might have been at the time.

I think I can at least shed some light to this puzzle.

As it was reported directly to me via Kim Keller - the last Newport crafted/sold  of any type was the Gretsch Green Newport 90 (with P90's).

It was shipped to me on 07-09-2013.   

It was also clearly NOT the last guitar Hamer made.

"List" price on this guitar new was in the $3600 - $3800 range. There's a 2012 Hamer price list floating around here somewhere. The maple top would have been an upcharge. I at one time owned the one pictured below and wish I still had it. It was killer.

Newport3.jpg

On 6/30/2019 at 4:39 PM, Camstone said:

"List" price on this guitar new was in the $3600 - $3800 range. There's a 2012 Hamer price list floating around here somewhere. The maple top would have been an upcharge. I at one time owned the one pictured below and wish I still had it. It was killer.

Newport3.jpg

Damn.  Gorgeous.  

Archived